3 Little Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Redrock, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Folks,

Here are what I call my little brushes. Do not let the size scare you away. Each is a pleasure to use and work equally well with hard/soft soaps and creams. My favorite way to lather with these brushes is to rub a stick such as La Toja or Lea on my beard and then face lather. All three feel wonderful and make enough lather for a 3-pass shave.

Left to right:

Omega 11047 - mixed boar and badger
    Vie Long 13120B - horse hair
    Simpson Wee Scot - best badger

If you do not have a horse hair brush, I recommend you acquire one. The one pictured is inexpensive and very nice to use.

3Brushes.jpg

DesertTime, RyX, RaZorBurn123 and 5 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I am finding the size of the brush is less important than a balanced backbone. The brushes look great, especially the one in the middle.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Redrock, Bobcat and Carbide Mike like this.
  3. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I also have three brushes I love ; badger, horse and a synthetic. The horse brush will be at or near the top if you buy on someones recommendation, as many lack backbone.

Redrock likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That is a nice little trio you have there. I have a Duke 1 that I like the Hell out of, but it is about as small as I see myself going by choice. My old man has a mixed midget he doesn't use all that much and says I should try. Been meaning to take him up on it.

Redrock and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice, Ed.

Redrock likes this.