30 Day Rule/Focus; Jan 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Jan 1 2023 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Rockwell Model T v1 (setting 4)
    Gillette Winner DE Blade (?)
    Barbury Synthetic Brush
    Stirling Christmas Eve SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: Just under 24 hrs
    Dome Growth: 48 hrs

20230101_160547.jpg

I hope everyone had a nice New Year's Eve and Day. I decided to start my inaugural shave of 2023 with a head and face shave. I picked my Model T because at setting 4 it gives a nice easy headshave and a face shave that has very little stubble to clear. Also, I am trying to deep-six the Christmas Eve soap and aftershave. I believe that I have one more shave to Fitzgerald the soap. I decided to go very wet with the lather because it really becomes super slick when I do so.
    I achieved BBS results all around without any blood on the blade or on me. Oops, I spoke to soon. I did get a weep and a scrape on the back of my head and a scratch on my neck. The blade started biting at the end so I ditched it after completing the shave. Alum feedback was minimal. Double splashed the matching aftershave and I am ready for service this evening. Take care.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    JACarbone, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fine start to the year Joe.:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  3. Trigger

Thanks Gary

JACarbone and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Can you guys pic my razor? Muhle R41 or ATT SE 2 OC? I can't make up my mind?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. Trigger

I think it's best that you decide because you know what your face and beard can handle. Btw, I have an R102 (R41 with a white acrylic handle) and I like it for my headshaves. I don't own an ATT SE 2 OC so I can't comment on it.

Herm2502, brit and JACarbone like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

AFD64127-5406-4396-A1C2-28339A1B3CD3.jpeg

SE Shave # 298

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: PAA Injector - Type L
    Blade: Persona Injector
    Brush: Ever Ready 500
    Bullpen:
    CRD Sky - O- Earth 26 mm Synthetic
    Lather: Proraso White
    Aftershave: Cella Milano
    Additional Care:
    Maggards Alum
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Nivea Sensitive Balm

Happy New Year Gentlemen! The Type L o hector delivered another close shave. I had a challenge with the soap application with the first brush, ER 500 (Badger), which resulted in the soap lathering on the brush but as it was applied to the face it dissipated. The CRD brush whipped up the remaining lather I. The bowl to complete the final two passes with a nice amount of lather.

For this month I will continue with the 1508.5 Prairie Song project. Since it is the first month of the year I will feature throughout the month each Tuesday - Friday, the first razor of each type in my den (straight, GEM, Shavette and injector). Monday’s are reserved for Micromatic Darkfall Monday.

Happy New Year gentlemen.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

R41

Herm2502, brit and Trigger like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful start to the New Year Gary.

brit, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  10. Trigger

Great first shave of the new year Joe. I like your shaving strategy for this month. Btw, I used to have similar problems when I first used my badger brushes. They would hog the soap so that I would have a less than desirable lather. I remedied it by twirling the brush under the faucet with the handle on its side. I load the brush without pushing the bristles too hard into the soap. While facelathering, I don't press the bristles into the face because it just forces the soap into the brush. I just do light circles until I cover my face and then continue with the light scrubbing motion until I have a decent lather. I find that natural brushes don't do well loading soap in a bowl. However, that just might be my experience.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Barry for your honest feedback.

brit and Trigger like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Joe.

13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. It was strange as I have used this brush numerous times in both dens without any issues. Oddly enough I used the brush wetting procedure you described. Perhaps it was just an outlier.

14. Trigger

Thanks Joe.

15. Trigger

That's strange. My only other guesses is the soap/water mixture was not right and/or that soap doesn't respond to my technique with that particular brush. If it's triple-milled, then that may be another factor to consider.

16. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

awesome Joe.fine start to the new year.:):eatdrink047:i had lathering issues with my badgers when first new,after a wash and soak for a few minutes with hair conditioner they worked a lot better.after a shave or 2 they are fine.i will say that the denser ones do require a larger soap load..:):eatdrink047:

18. brit

brit in a box

monday
    brit rhodium flare tip
    personna 74
    omega
    mwf
    lea

[​IMG]

good morning gents.
    7th shave with the personna 74 blade,nice and smooth,no issues
    lovely fat lather,lea a/s to finish.off to work.
    20230102_062954_edited.jpg
    awesome
    have a fine day everyone
    :eatdrink047:

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  19. Trigger

Nice shave and pic Gary. Enjoy your off day.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great first soap shave of 2023. About 0:30 to load the Stoylin brush. Nice work alongside the cheeks&sideburns. I had to go over a small miss during the 1st pass. Very embarrassing to miss in that area-I mean, isn't that why we shave in the first place? Porcupine was fine, but could stand some improvement tomorr0w. Very pleased with my effort down at Cactus. Jawline's fine all across. I used a little more of the Stephan Bay Rum A.S. than I usually do, and what a nice difference in softening up the face and neck. The post-shave fragrance was hard to get out-needed to shake it morel Passion 4 Men, that's it. I'll do a few shakes of it throughout the day. Super Duper Excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.