30 Day Rule/Focus; Nov 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Knock g it out of the park Gary with this one.

brit and Trigger like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave as you venture into the Darkside even further with you daily shaves this month.

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Joe.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  6. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

11/02/2022
    Growth: Two day beard.
    Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
    Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
    Brush: Rudy Vey 25 mm STF
    Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
    Bowl: Sterling Soap Company collapsible silicone shaving bowl
    Blade: Nacet (D4)
    Razor Head: Maggard Razors SS70
    Handle: Maggard Razors blue MR11
    Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

Two pass shave with touch up under the nose. BBS-
    This was a very comfortable shave. It has been a while since I tried this combination. This was the first time using the Nacet with this razor head. It was the first time using the Sterling pre-shave soap with this razor as well. This combination worked very well.

Lathering in the silicone bowl produced a large quantity of lather but it was very thin. You could see through it and painting on the lather did not thicken it. I think that the nubs in the bottom of the bowl kept the brush from getting enough soap to thicken things up. Adding more water to the brush did not help things. I switched to lathering off the puck and that allowed more product and thickened up the lather for the shave. I will try bowl lathering with my DirtyBird shave bowl for comparison at a another time.

- David

7. wheatshocker

wheatshocker Guest

Great ideas!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I would say this month for me is "No Buy November". I'm in fine shape to go through the month without a shave purchase. As for what to work on, I plan to give more emphasis on getting rid of that nasty area below the right ear that has given me fits much more often that not. Also to continue working on Cactus Nation(neck)to get a comfortable rhythm going down there. Finanally to go back and correct problems that come up witu my shaves....I mean after all, shaving is not like doing a typing speed test-we must correct our errors as we shave. There is no WPM recorded in a shave. "NBN" is off and running!!

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think I'd struggle in a no-repeat month. I wrote in an earlier post that I like to do 3 shaves the same arsenal in 3 days, sometimes 2 in 2. Hard for me to do 30 different shaves in a month.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  10. Trigger

Thank you. Welcome to our thread and please feel free to share your shaves with us.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  11. Trigger

Nice post and shave David. You are the first that I have heard about not getting a great lather with the Stirling bowl.

brit, JACarbone and GoodShave like this.
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you, Gary.

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  13. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

Joe,

I did two shaves in the last couple of days with different soaps and the lather was thin when applied. Maybe I need to use a larger chunk of soap and maybe it needs to be placed dead center in the bowl. I generated quite a bit of lather with the amount of soap I added for both shaves.

- David

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20221102_062714_1.jpg
    Tatara Masamune with open comb plate.
    Astra SP blade
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Razorock P160 shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT.

I'm still out here!

Awesome setup yesterday so I repeated it today.

I'm finding it hard to put the Tataras down....just solid razors that shave amazing. The P160 soap is an excellent soap that whips up nice and has great performance.

I hope everyone is doing great and Joe @Trigger she will do a lot more than 80mph.....it will really cruise at about 100 to 110. :D

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

57F0011E-4E64-4337-BA70-2EFD5FD785C8.jpeg

SRS# 785

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Puma 65
    Brush: Skully
    Lather: Williams Mug Soap
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva (Spanish)
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel

Wonderful classic old time shave with the Willams Mug Soap and the Aqua Velva. I always manage to get a nice lather with this soap. Today I decided to add five drops of glycerin to my lather bowl. Following a load of about 40 seconds on the synthetic brush I proceed to whip the lather in the bowl periodically added a few drops of water. After about two minutes I had a great lather.

I did my usual three pass shave and was rewarded with a super close and irritation free post shave report.

I spent the morning doing some chores and working on another set of scales. Below is a picture of the set I worked on yesterday.
    D7FCDB08-D7DB-4C61-AC9A-D2E29F02B7D3.jpeg
    Additionally, I am taking it easily as I am beginning to battle a cold, predominantly a cough.

Hope you all are having a great day gentlemen.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Now there you go, encouraging my Paisan to risk life and limb with a lead foot.

very nice shave Danny.

Hembree, brit and Trigger like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Dirty Bird to the rescue. Very nice shave David nonetheless.

GoodShave, brit and Trigger like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Welcome to the thread. My name is Joe.

Yes, the other Joe.

19. Trigger

That was my original thought when you shared the post David.

JACarbone, GoodShave and brit like this.
  20. Trigger

Great shave Danny. This old man took a chance on not getting an excessive speeding ticket by doing 80 last Saturday evening. You are right that my car has the ability to cruise 100 to 110. However, I don't need to get a real excessive speeding ticket to experience it. Lol!

JACarbone, Hembree and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.