30 Day Rule/Focus; Nov 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Gary.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

Trigger and brit like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful looking shave Gary

Trigger and brit like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd November 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
    Blade: Treet 7 Day Platinum. (D4)
    Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut Attraction Totale ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A very comfortable close shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

last outing of the Treet 7 Day Platinum my reacquaintance with Treet blades has impressed me yet with their longevity and sharpness and has paired together with each razor throughout the week...I will continue with the T7DP for another week after the comfortable efficient performance from them throughout this week.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

5. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

Barry,

I like your essential oils mix. That is very clever. How did you like that mix?

- David

6. GoodShave

Joe,

I had not used that Stirling silicone bowl in a long time, so I looked up some videos on it. I did not load the brush before using the bowl. I was hoping to scoop some soap into the bowl and load/lather there but I see that is not the case with this bowl. It is a lather-only bowl. I was looking more for a one bowl load and lather, so I will probably stick to the Dirty Bird for that. If I am going to load from the puck and and just want to build the lather, then I will use the silicone bowl.

I would like find a solution to reducing the clank of my shave brush with my lather bowl in the morning since I am up before everyone else. I might wrap a Velcro strap around the bottom of the brush to dampen the sound of clanking the brush against the ceramic bowl. I do have a low wall bowl specifically to reduce the clank, but depending on the loft of the brush I am using, the wall may not be low enough.

- David

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  7. palmolive fox

Thank you, David.

My homemade Autumn/Winter mix is really easy to make.

I add around 20-30 drops of various essential oils to a 200ml /7oz bottle of distilled witch hazel. My common-sense rule when mixing is to add 4-6 drops of essential oils gradually to the distilled witch hazel, mixing it together then testing it to see if more essential oils is needed, half the quantity to 2-3 drops if using more than one essential oil. Generally, i find the 20-30 drops of essential oil is sufficient for a 200ml/70z mix. Remember 'You can add to the mix, but you can't take it away'. gradual addition is the way forward, then testing before you add more.

I also add menthol crystals to my spring/summer mixes, but only a 2-3 max, as too much will irritate your skin, you don't want your face looking like a baboon's arse!

Once you've added the essentials oils it'll look slightly cloudy, but this is perfectly ok, just give a shake before each use, then apply it after you have done your shave.

I intend to try adding 8-10 drops of glycerine to my next mix which is good for the skin.

Use whatever essential oils you like. Just remember to add them gradual and test the mix till you get it to how you like it. Take care. Yours- Barry. :happy088:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very nice Throwback shave this morning. At the beginning, I was afraid I gave the soap a little too much water so I eased upon that as the shave progressed. But great coverage of the face and neck nevertheless.Zero Knicks, Cuts, and Polka-dots. Nice clean feel in tghe face&Porcupine Alley. Should have paid more attention to the right side of North, though. That's a shame because I thought I had enough soap there. Will get to that tomorrow. Fine job at the jawline. As for Cactus(neck), I do need to improve on the right side(where Ingrown County is). Good everywhere else though. The Clubman A.S. was the finisher, as I decided to skip the cologne. Super Duper Excellent for this one.

9. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

awesome shaves gents.:cool::bounce017:

JACarbone, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

thursday
    brit tech hybrid/platinum
    yaqi ruby finest badger
    wholly kaw fern concerto

[​IMG]
    good morning gents.
    quick work shave, excellent results.
    awesome.
    have a fine day everyone.
    :eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and GoodShave like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Y'know, Gary, I'm gonna kill myself if I do indeed go through the rest of the month with no Knicks. I'd be forced to say that my Knick on the first day ruined things for No-Knick November.

13. Paul Turner

Thank you Gary-I do like that Razorock Soap, which does go well with Clubman.

14. brit

brit in a box

do folks who do a 30 day focus get perfect shaves from the beginning?;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Well, I don't know...we have to ask them. Oh-oh, does that mean they cheat and say "perfect month", if they blow it on the first day only?

16. brit

brit in a box

i don't think anyone here has done that.nobody gets perfect shaves all the time..:)

JACarbone, Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Let me say this..this is not untrue.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Still no word from Razorock on the Figaro A.S. I'll have to look at it-I'm presuming it is still sold out.

19. palmolive fox

Thank you, Gary.

20. GoodShave

Thanks Barry!

I appreciate the details!

- David

Thread Status: