30+ Things We Now Know Thanks to Hollywood

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by richgem, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Everyone in the world has perfect teeth that are so white it blinds you when they smile.

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

ooh ooh ooh! which brings up another favorite: women don't get pregnant unless they want to and you never get STD's unless you're a bad guy (or you accidentally stumble into a "special" episode of Blossom).

ohpaos likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

And said women NEVER make it to the hospital in time to give birth.

richgem likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

This applies to TV as well. I still remember an old episode of ER where a Spanish couple arrives in a taxi in active labor and the doc tells her "puta! puta!" instead of "puja! puja!"

("You whore!" instead of "push!")

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

and when delivering outside of the hospital, the woman always delivers on her back and it always happens in under a minute with no complications. And there's a 50 percent chance the baby will be the size of a six month old and have no umbilical cord.

I remember that episode. I almost fell out of my chair when he said that.

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

And then, the new mother goes home from the hospital with a skinny waist & a flat tummy.

NoobShaver likes this.
  7. richgem

If you are being bullied at school, seek out the friendly, ethnic janitor or find your apartment building’s gardener or handyman. All of these eccentric, foreign, older men were actually master martial artists back in their homeland and gave up the fame and glory of being unbeatable tournament fighters to live the dream of being a janitor/handyman here in America.

And: You can defeat a master martial artist who has been studying for his entire life if you spend a few weeks/months learning to fight from the aforementioned janitor or handyman.

8. richgem

If a killer is lurking in your house, it's easy to find him. Just relax and run a bath - even if it's the middle of the afternoon.

9. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

said person of ethnicity is also an expert on whatever major problem you may be facing (relationship issues, car trouble, being chased by a monster). He (must be male, sorry) will give you the solution in a cryptic yet charming way that seamlessly harmonizes with his ethnic past. Older American Indian males are the most effective.

or just wander off by yourself into the darkest room of the house. Don't arm yourself. That might scare the killer away. The basement works best but the attic's a close second. Make sure to close the door behind you and wander into the middle of the room saying, "hello?" so he knows you're there.

or invite your girlfriend over and get excessively friendly. You might also shed any extra clothing.

richgem likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Practically everyone has blue eyes.

11. richgem

All non-Anglo characters will behave (and often speak) in a stereotypically ethnic manner. Unless said character is the protagonist. In that case, he will active reject "the old ways" until the very end when he learns that maybe the "old ways" aren't so wrong after all.

12. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

a related item I recently learned from watching my kid's t.v: it is unnatural for young white males to hang out together. All young white males have a female best friend. She is usually ethnic. Young white males naturally gravitate towards non whites. In all circumstances they avoid making friends with other white males- ESPECIALLY those who look like they do.

13. richgem

And goes back to work the next day.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Or, alternately, can afford to stay home until the kid is 15.

15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Old westerns. 6 shot pistols, unlimited ammo and no reloading...until, of course, you are down to your very last bullet.
    Also even though actors routinely shave, shower and brush their teeth, no one urinates or defecates...unless they are children in a comedy.

NoobShaver likes this.
  16. richgem

This is apparently a huge issue in the future. I mean, is there even a bathroom on the Enterprise, or any other space craft for that matter?

17. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

I think it's just teleported out.

18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Ewww.

We're gonna have to start a new thread to list all the things We Now Know Thanks to Star Trek. The first of which will be "don't be Wesley Crusher."

19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

They use the waste as the matter stream they inject into a dilithium crystal along with antimatter to produce the plasma to power the warp drive. Completely environmentally friendly, except for the deadly radiation produced. :)

20. richgem

^This. They must've run out of (original series) red shirts when they did his costuming. :(

PLANofMAN likes this.