4 piece Tech's

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MTgrayling, Nov 29, 2008.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I thought I had both of them, the Canadian and English, but now I've found a third version. Are there any other variants I need to look for?

Canadian, Canadian, English
    [​IMG]

Canadian, Canadian, English
    [​IMG]

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Those are cool looking, Chris! I'm not even a big fan of the Tech, but seeing those is getting the RAD juices flowing!

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Face it Rick, Tech's are cool. :cool: I doubt that I've really even scratched the surface with these.

[​IMG]

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Okay, showing me that was just wrong! :happy102

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Wow Chris, Now I need to find the other two. I really like my English 4 piece. It is far more aggressive than any other tech I have used. It is also my only tech with that type of head.
    [​IMG]

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I really like the way the English Tech's shave. Most of mine, I assume the earliest, have the same hefty head as yours there.

English, Canadian
    [​IMG]

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'm here to help. :D

8. Smoke

Smoke New Member

German Version

Here is my Gillette German travel TECH.

Attached Files:

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Well apparently there are four 4 piece Techs out there, two Canadian and two English. The one on the far right is the last one I needed, I think, and it is mint unused and still has the factory cellophane covering on the head.

Canadian, Canadian; English English
    [​IMG]

Canadian, Canadian; English English
    [​IMG]

Let me know if anybody sees any others.

Curious that these don't seem to have been produced and didn't catch on here in the states? They are a very ingenious design and I can't imagine any razor more portable or convenient for traveling.

10. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

You have the razor, but this set sold earlier this week.

[​IMG]

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Lemme guess, to you?

You wouldn't be the one that tried to snipe mine at the last second quadrupling the price would ya?

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Unfortunately it did not go to me. It went to hjackcarol.

I did bid on one 1-2 weeks ago so it might have been the one you are talking about.

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yep that's this one. Oh well, it's real tough competing with you out there, but hey, I GOT THIS ONE! :taunt002 :D

14. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Yeah - I didn't used to really know the meaning of snipe. Now I do.

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

That is awesome Chris. Of course you had to find this one just when I thought I had all of them. ;) I love these 4 pieces.

16. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

I picked up this four piece oddity from a small <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='antique store';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://elephantine.info/?v=3%2E10&ss=antique+store">antique store</a> in rural South Australia.

Attached Files:

17. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I do also Rodd. I shave with my Canadian one often, I think it has a better balance than the English versions.

Now that is interesting! Thanks for the picture Spinyeel. Looks like there may be another Rodd, a NEW. I'll have to find one of those Bakelite holders as well.

18. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

These razors are just gorgeous.

But the Psycho-Ward is still the best, IMO.

Fortunately, I'm over ADs. The Psycho Tech is the only wet-shaving product I'm truly pining for.

Anyone with one, PM me promptly!

BTW, aren't these 4-piece Techs uncomfortable to grip?

19. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I had to come back and take another look at these 4 piece razors Chris. They are quite cool. I have never come across one yet while out and about - but I will be scouting now!

Thnx as usual for sharing your great collection!

20. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Here is another one. I'm not positive if this is an original case (yet), but it looks like a perfect fit.
    [​IMG]