4 shaves down!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Pilotcld, May 8, 2016.

1. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Hello gentlemen!

I am four shaves down and realized something this morning, wetshaving is definitely an art! As such, I decided this morning to allow myself to progress slowly (instead of trying to do my entire face all at once)! The result? BBS cheeks :kar:haha. The best part is that today I have no razor burn, not nicks, no crying cheeks, nothing :). Just smooth cheeks. I am going to use my electric razor to finish off the rest of the job because i can't even remember the last time I purchased carts.
    I wanted to thank everyone for their guidance again! Also, after winning @Bobcat 's PIF I might try and use the Gillette NEW to shave under my neck, chin, etc. What do you all think? Any advice will continue to be appreciated!

Keithmax, George X, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Well, straight razor shaving does take some time. I'm over 30 shaves into it and I still don't have it perfected. Keep in mind that I only use the straight razors on the weekends as I do not have the time during the weekdays. The shaves are getting better and I really enjoy them, but my DE razors still give me better shaves.

The New is a fantastic razor and you'll get very smooth, close and comfortable shaves out of it. The learning curve is much shorter than a straight razor. I have 2 News and I love them! Give it a try. I'm sure you will like it.

George X, Robyflexx and Pilotcld like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yep, the New rocks!:git: You'll love it! :happy036:

Pilotcld likes this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

That's how I started shaving with a straight, just my cheeks then finished with a DE. As got comfortable I added more until finally I complete the who;e shave with a straight.

Pilotcld likes this.
  5. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Welcome to the clan! Yes, it is truly an art, but well worth the work to master it! Just watch out for the dreaded RAD syndrome. Once you get it, it's impossible to kick...;)

Pilotcld likes this.