404 Arrives

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by scott wein, Oct 21, 2011.

1. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

What I do know is it is breaking in nicely and lathers great it builds mountains. My expectation was a 70/30 split and I feel that is about right. Next Year it will be something from Simpson so Aaron can make me a deputy apprentice brushologist.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  2. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great looking brush.

scott wein likes this.
  3. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Let us know what you find out, I would be intrested to know.

Scott, great pictures thanks for sharing. I guess we will see this on your shave of the day pictures soon.

scott wein likes this.
  4. scott wein

This is a nice brush to work with. Makes lather for the whole block...I should know, I have been making lather since Fri nite to break her in.

Now it easily conforms to face and does a great job of applying the lather.

I was afraid to go smaller, but this is one fine brush and while new to a DE, I have been using a mug and brush for almost three years.

It's nice when something exceeds your expectations.

I finally shaved and yep, will feature some brush pics.

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well Mark tweeted back, the 404's ratio is 60/40 bristle and 2nd grade badger, I'm assuming he meant Pure.

After another tweet, it doesn't sound like its exactly Pure either but more than likely 2nd grade, as in factory seconds.

Untitled.jpg

Hanzo and scott wein like this.
  6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Cool, thanks for posting that for us Aaron.

7. i just recieved my 404 as well. I can try to throw up a few pics to see how it looks compared to Scott's

scott wein likes this.
  8. scott wein

Thankyou Aaron. U da man with brushes.

Congrats Knowledge. Look forward to your pics and know u will take a cheap soap or soap fragement and make mountains of lather. Enjoy it!