46-7 aristocrat parts..

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Mar 24, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello all, i have a really decent gillette 46-7 u.s gold aristocrat razor that a fello member sent me . it is in need of the end caps .both are missing and i would like to fix it up.razor isn.t for sale so not a fix and flip deal.if anyone has a beater/ parts aristocrat or milord, or a set of spare end caps i would be very interested. thank you all, 20190324_202640.jpg

AGHisBBS, Hembree, Jorvaljr and 3 others like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I would like to make a suggestion. How about clean up the ends so they are smooth. Then wrap everything but the ends. Then go to Home Depot and buy a can of metallic gold spray paint and a can of clear spray paint. I bet it would come out looking good. I know it’s a 46-47 but without the end caps it woul look like a 1940-41 Aristocrat

Or if you can scrape or melt away the solder you may find gold underneath and wouldn’t have to spray paint.

Frijolero, brit and Hembree like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

thats a fantastic idea .. its a keeper so that would work. i just don't like the bare solder look.. thank you,

Frijolero likes this.
  4. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

You could plate them gold and call it a Regent... just kidding.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If the original gold plate will hold up, which I think it will, I'd suggest baking the paint as I did on my Red Tip. Using a brush on gold paint would still work using self etching primer underneath it.

brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you gentleman,will post pics when done..