9/29 is National Cofee day - Get a free cup :)

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Apparently, Sept 29th is "National Coffee day" - now I'm sure most will agree that these made up 'days' are just to stimulate consumerism but having said that if you're passing by a Dunkin' Donut pop in and grab yourself a free cup.

I actually rather like their classic roast.

Not sure if there are other coffee shops that have something similar on that day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Not a lot of Dunkin Donuts near to me, but I'm sure I will have a cup of coffee. :)

I doubt it will be a Black Ivory coffee though. Aside from being very expensive, the processing method just doenst seem that appetizing.
    http://www.blackivorycoffee.com/

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

At the risk of making enemies: I wouldn't drink a cup of Dunkin Donusts coffee if it came with a $20 bill. Tastes like weak Folgers. So glad there are no DD anywhere withing hundreds of miles.

That said, I do really miss their donuts. They used to have some great ones.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. Erik Redd

You really should try their coconut coffee, the Huffinton Post gave it rave reviews. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/25/dunkin-donuts-new-coffee_n_5023639.html

Having said that, I expect their coffee is better than Starbuck's. I really don't like Starbuck's coffee.

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I love their dark roast.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It would truly be a sad state of affairs if people became enemies over differences in coffee preference :)

I rather do like their original blend, bought a pound not too long ago and enjoyed it quite a bit - at least better than Sbux Komodo Dragon ;-)

Aaanyway, just wanted to pass it along in case anyone does like their coffee and will pass one by on the 29th.

Erik Redd likes this.
  7. Erik Redd

I had espresso at a few coffee shops in the U.S. and wasn't impressed, then a few years ago I took a trip to Italy and the espresso was fantastic. I'm not going to buy an espresso machine, but if I'm ever in Italy again I'm sure to get a few more cups.

Coffee taste depends on a lot of variables, roast, freshness, grind, brewing method, beans, etc. I've got some convenience stores nearby with good coffee in the early morning rush hour, then stale burned coffee later. It's another case of YMMV.

8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

That is absolutely disgusting. Yeah let's make coffee outta beans that dumbo just crapped out.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do believe they wash the beans at some point after the pachyderm processing;)

PatrickA51 and BigMark like this.
  10. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Regardless Kevin that is disgusting as well as that blasted Civit coffee. :sick007:

PatrickA51 likes this.
  11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Lol "black ivory" mhm sounds good.... Taste nutty.

PatrickA51 and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Nuttin' wrong with a cuppa Dunkin' to my tastes! Cheers DB for the headsup, but sadly there's not a Dunkin' anywhere near us. :(

We do have a couple of really outstanding local doughnut shops though, bakeries really that just happen to do a great doughnut too. They're strictly a treat, but those bars in the center are a personal favourite - just a good old fashioned nutmeg cake doughnut and a cuppa plain for me please. :eatdrink013:

[​IMG]

PatrickA51, BigMark and Darkbulb like this.
  13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

My wife treats coffee like a hobby, and she is happy to hear your national coffee day is on her birthday ☺

PatrickA51 and Darkbulb like this.
  14. Erik Redd

From Wikepedia - a lot of countries have National Coffee Days. You can celebrate again on Oct 1 in Japan, Austria and Romania.
    National coffee days
    [​IMG]
    Roasted coffee beans.
    Date Countries Notes
    Early April China[citation needed]
    May 6 Denmark[citation needed]
    May 24 Brazil[citation needed]
    September 12 Costa Rica[18]
    September 19 Ireland[citation needed]
    September 20 Mongolia[citation needed]
    September, first Saturday Germany[19]
    September 28 Switzerland[citation needed]
    September 29
    October 1
    October 21 Philippines Conceived to showcase Lipa City as the longstanding "Coffee Granary of the Philippines".[22]
    November 7 Taiwan[15]
    November 17 Nepal.[23]

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I drank DD coffee for years. None close to me now

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I saw an email from them today saying if you download their app and use the code BONUS you get a $5 card and a free medium coffe.
    Offer valid until end-of-day today apparently.

[​IMG]

17. Erik Redd

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I celebrate National Coffee Day every day! Today (October 6) is 'Come and Take It Day.' I will celebrate by taking another cup of coffee! :eatdrink013:

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My son signed me up for a monthly delivery of two pounds of freshly-roasted Peets coffee! :happy093:
    I'll get two pounds of whole bean shipped to my home the day after the beans are roasted, every month! Two blends: Peet's House blend & the popular Major Dickason blend.
    what a good son I've raised! :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The Major Dickason's blend is one that I do want to try one day as I keep hearing such good things about it.
    But first my mission is to track down some Gevalia whole beans here in SF :)