A beautiful nostalgic scent from the Old world.!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by The Shaving Zone, Mar 25, 2019.

1. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

FLOWERY-MOSSY HONEY SCENT OF THE 1920/30'S

A nostalgic old men's fragrance, that leaves a mild powdery scent on the skin. Also popular with ladies. Packaged in a glass bottle with a nostalgic label. From the Czech traditional company Alpa.

1917, the first World War ends, and the Roaring Twenties were just about to start, accompanied by a new fragrance: The fragrance was called "Chypre" named after the island of Cyprus, from which came many ingredients of this perfume - in French "Chypre". This kind of scent was not really new, but with Chypre the french perfumer Francois Coty created a whole new fragrance category. For in the following decades there were chypre fragrances coming up by big perfume houses such as Guerlain, Chanel, Rochas, or Estee Lauder. Even Calvin Klein's CK One from 1994 is a fresh-lemony Chypre scent.

The scent
    The scent of Alpa Chypre reminds of the Alt-Innsbruck EdC. However Alpa Chypre is much milder, more discreet. The scent isaromatic, yet mild, floral and sweet musky, with a warm, mossy base notes of oak moss and tree moss. The scent does not seem to last all day and soon leaves only a gentle touch of powdery musk and vanilla flavors on the skin. 519E07REheL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yehuda D, DaltonGang, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Hm, sounds nice. Where can you get it?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  3. The Shaving Zone

Amazon

BigMark83 and brit like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Interesting thank you for the post.

brit and The Shaving Zone like this.
  5. The Shaving Zone

My absolute pleasure.

Alpa makes great aftershaves and colognes, and also the great Alpa Windsor shaving cream.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

That they do. Alpa Windsor is an excellent cream.

The Shaving Zone and brit like this.
  7. The Shaving Zone

I absolutely agree!!

71K5OFozB+L._SL1600_.jpg

The splash is amazing too!!

It refreshes, nourishes and leaves a scent, as you would in the 1930s just come from a barber in Prague, Vienna or Budapest.

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I just finished a bottle not long ago. Still have a bottle of Windsor Fresh that I haven't opened yet. And a blue and a green Dapper Dan aftershave.

The Shaving Zone and brit like this.
  9. The Shaving Zone

All good stuff.!!! Congrats!!

Alpa is definitely my all time favorite line of aftershaves and colognes. Their scents transported you some decades back in time, to a time when man really smelled like a man .