A Brick Arrived, 3P

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Steve56, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

0FFD219F-F0A9-4CFD-91AB-6346A792286D.jpeg

My brick of 3P arrived today from Connaught, 1000ml of soap for about $26 delivered. 3P is an Italian almond croap, this brick is a bit harder than. Cella, and the 3P that I’ve used so far does not go rancid like Cella has always done with me. It’s also a bit better performer. The fragrance is cherry almond/marzipan, about the same as Cella.

I weighed the package, and it’s 893g, which is about right in general terms, soap is a little lighter than water usually, depending on whether it’s croap or hard soap. The bag probably weighs around 10-12g, so there’s likely 880g of soap here, give or take a few grams.

So if you use 1.5g of soap per shave (ballpark), that’s 586 shaves at about 4 cents per shave. That’s a pretty good deal as far as soaps go. 3P equals or exceeds most artisan soaps, and gives a good deal of the performance of the pricey Italian creams/soaps at a fraction of the price. Where it falls down compared to $70-80 Italian products is mostly the PSF, which a dab of good AS or ASB will fix.

jaro, b1hart, Sparrow and 9 others like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Active Member

Thags a big chunk of soap Steve. And the price is right too!

3. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Nice pick up there Steve

When I use up the final 3rd of my Cella tub. I'm thinking about getting a kilo brick of Italian soap.

Never used any 3p products. Sounds like I should though. I like the marzipan scent and performance of my Cella.

jaro and Edison Carter like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Quite a score, Steve.
    I guess this means we'll be seeing this soap in your SOTD photos for the next 586 days...;)

jaro, theFAT98 and Edison Carter like this.