A brush for the daughter's boy friend

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by gregindallas, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I can see this is looking like a Very Merry Christmas and a Very White Christmas...as in Lather....For Greg!!
    You've got the brushes, add the right soap and they'll be able to see the lather from outer space....LOL!!
    How is that VieLong working out?? And is your daughter's boyfriend wet-shaving or does he have to wait til the 25th to get the brush?
    For that matter....Do YOU have to wait til Christmas to be test-driving those brushes....lol...;)

Dan72w likes this.
  2. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I wish my girlfriend's Dad was a little more like you! :angry017:

Dan72w and supe like this.
  3. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Good choice she made...

I love the RV creations..

The VieLong was a close second

If you decide you don't like it, let me know!! Been thinking of trying horse hair and that handle looks sweet!

Dan72w likes this.
  4. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It might help if a copy of Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving book was gifted along with the brush. Even if he does not use a safety razor, it will provide him with a wealth of information. After said boyfriend receives the gift, it would be helpful to point him here. The combination of brush, book and forum will likely motivate him to take the wetshaving experience to the next level.

Dan72w likes this.
  5. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

So the RV brush for my daughter's BF went well. I managed to slip a couple of extras into his box before it got wrapped. I got him a tube of Arko, 2 Arko sticks, vintage shave stick container and a tub of TOBS St James cream........ and pack of Darbys and a Merkur Progress :D.

His 1st shave yesterday with a couple of small weepers went well. I think he's on his way.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Well done, Sir!

Dan72w and SharpSpine like this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011: Lucky guy, very nice christmas gift not a bad way to start:)

Dan72w and SharpSpine like this.
  8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

What an excellent Christmas gift! Good for you for slipping in all those extras. He will be stylin' now. :signs107:

Dan72w and GDCarrington like this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent! Soon he shall be assimilated into the collective. I hope that you mentioned the den so he can be fully assimilated!

Dan72w likes this.