A couple of Ever-Ready brushes I fixed up

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by HoosierTrooper, Aug 14, 2013.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

The hourglass shaped Ever-Ready handles have become a favorite of mine, I like their looks, they way they feel and the various colors they came in. The two tone black and white and blue and white handles are pretty common but here's a couple that I have that are a little different.
    The cream colored one is a K40 that originally came with a badger knot, and the red one is a boar 100.

[​IMG]

The K40 was in excellent condition, but the knot was really soft and floppy.

[​IMG]

So I replaced it with an Ace Shaving 20 mm finest badger, which is an outstanding knot.

[​IMG]

The original lettering was perfect so I left it alone. This brush was very clean and showed little signs of use.

[​IMG]

The red 100 was really nasty when I got it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After some heavy duty cleaning and polishing I replaced the original knot with a 22 mm TGN Omega boar with the bucket removed. The lettering wasn't painted originally but I decided to paint them, because, well, I just like the way it looks. I think it looks a bit better now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here they are after a couple uses, both are really great brushes now. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did tinkering with them!

[​IMG]

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work! I really like the red boar 100!

3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Great job. Can I send my car to you for detailing?:)

ohpaos likes this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Great work! Along with Gary, I really like the red boar............