A Couple Restorations...

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by PanChango, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Jeff sent me two handles to re-knot and I had the green and black one that needed some attention. Please let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

The Green and Black Ever-Ready with a 22mm TGN Super Silvertip set at 45mm. I ran one quick test lather through it.

[​IMG]

The Red and White Ever-Ready 100 has a 20mm Super Fan set at 44mm. I had to hog out the Blue and White Ever-Ready to fit the 24mm Extra Stuffed Finest knot. It is set at 48mm.

Sorry for the bad pics, all I have is my cell phone camera.

Also, sorry it took so long to finish up Jeff.

Regards,

Dale

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Looks great Dale! Very nice work. The handles cleaned up very well.

Feel free to send that green one along too... :happy102

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'll get right on that one for you.

The handles aren't perfect, but they look pretty nice.

I hope you like them when you have them in hand.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Nice work. The blue handle knot looks like a chubby.

5. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Looks like someone has been having some fun!! They look great, nice work.
    How do you like the 24 overstuffed? I have one and really love it. Used it just tonight as a matter of fact with some Trumpers violet.

I have to get to work and see if I can' t duplicate some of the mottled, or marbled look on some of these old brushes. Too cool in my book. It just adds to the possible combinations in two piece brushes. Oh the combinations are endless.
    Again, nice work.Keep having fun.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very nice work, Dale.

:happy088:happy088

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

After seeing all of these two-tone brushes that have been posted lately.....I'm getting awfully jealous. I'm gonna have to scrape around for one of these...

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks Guys.

I am a big fan of the 24mm Extra Stuffed Finest. It seems much more substantial then the 22mm version. Left is 22mm Extra Stuffed Finest, Center is 22mm Super Silvertip, and right is 24mm Extra Stuffed finest.

[​IMG]

9. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Yeah Dale, you can just see it in those brushes. I don't have a 22 overstuffed as you do, but when I line them up you can definitely see it. Use one , and you know for sure. I don't really look for lather in the bowl so much with these, but it's in the brush and keeps going and going. At first the shape seemed odd from what I was used to, ( plus it's new and not broken in) seemed pointy if you know what I mean, then I added just a bit of pressure to get it to fan out like a thousand legged spider and it just ran all over my face.
    Ahhhhh,,,,,
    And as to the two tone brush handles,, I've been pourning up a storm over the past two days. I've got stuff from crystal clear, to antique ivory, ivory with a caramel/butterscotch swirl, red, ambers, translucent oranges, blackish with green swirl, to yellow with black swirls. The last might sound odd,, but it's to match some scales I'm starting to work on. Pouring them as well.

10. MaxP

MaxP Member

Dale-

The blue-white handle restore looks awesome. I'm guessing it lathers as great as it looks.