A day full of flavors

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by timj219, Apr 18, 2010.

1. timj219

timj219 Member

We picked up some organic goat cheese yesterday from Side Hill farm in the finger lakes along with some pineapple-mango-habanero jelly that I found at the Rasta Ranch Vineyard on the western shore of Seneca lake. Today the two combined beautifully on water crackers. Afterward I was able to enjoy a Don Tomas Sun Grown Cetros #2 and a pot of Formosa Kangaroo Lapsang. Now I'm afraid I'll have to fast the rest of today to avoid a let down. :D

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

That jelly sounds awesome. I love jalapeno jelly so I bet it was awesome with the habanero flavor/heat paired with the sweetness of the pineapple and the mango.

You ever get habanero cheese? There is a local dairy around here that makes it with raw milk and habanero. It is quite good with some crackers.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

How far are your from Philadelphia?!?!? I just may have to make a trip down there for some o' dat!

4. timj219

timj219 Member

The cheese sounds good. I'll have to keep my eye open for some. Maybe one of the local artisan dairies has something like it.

5. Y'all may enjoy browsing or shopping at "Mo Hotta Mo Betta" . Just about anything and everything with habaneros, in one place. The shaker of dried habanero "flakes" turns out to be quite a winning gift for pizza-eating heat lovers. As you would expect, they stock many hundreds of hot sauces, containing from 300 to 2 million Scoville Units of heat. These include novelty bottles (that make great gifts!), of which my family's favorite is: "Smack My Ass And Call Me Sally". http://www.mohotta.com/category/s

6. Desdinova

Desdinova New Member

Now I'm hungry

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool site. Also try Sweat-n-Spice. They're in NY, I'm in Jersey so I get what I order usually next day if I order before noon.

I really like Ring of Fire X-tra Hot Habanero. Very hot, but lots of flavor. I don't like heat for heat's sake. It's gotta have taste. This stuff is also thick enough to use like a salsa.

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm not exactly sure but we are only about 25 miles from the PA border near Lancaster. I'll get you their website next time I accompany the missus to the grocery store.

Uhhhm. The name scares the heck out of me! Regular hot and Ring of Fire scares me, but the X-tra makes me afraid to sit down! :happy102