A few simple ASs

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by battle.munky, Jul 30, 2016.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I bought some soap commander Japanese grapefruit scented SC a month or so back. I've only used it about 4 times so I'm not an expert at it but so far it lathers like a dream and there seems to be a lot of longevity with it. It smells pretty awesome so I decided I'd try to make an AS to match it. Off to Whole Foods I go. Ended up buying a bottle of lime EO along with the grapefruit EO.

[​IMG]

I stopped by the liquor store on the way home and grabbed a bottle of Smirnoff 100 proof ( and a few Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stouts :eatdrink047:) to use as the base astringent.

I added 40 drops of glycerin into some empty glass AS bottles I'd been hanging onto and then tossed in the EOs. My plan was a straight lime, straight grapefruit, and lime/grapefruit/wintergreen blend; SWMBO had the wintergreen on hand already. And I threw in several menthol crystals into each bottle as well. I used 40 drops of the lime and grapefruit each in their respective ASs and 20 each and 5 drops of the wintergreen in the blend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From left to right:

Lime; Grapefruit; Lime/Grapefruit/Wintergreen

[​IMG]

They are going to require shaking prior to each use but until I figure out how to make a clear and fully miscible solution, it'll do.

I'm going to let them sit overnight and try them out tomorrow.

Paul Turner, RyX, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Here are a few shots of my den. I hope y'all like looking at my stuff as much as I like checking out all of yours :D

Blades:
    [​IMG]

Blurry shot of my ASs I rarely use:
    [​IMG]

My everyday rotation of ASs:
    [​IMG]

Annnnd my soaps/creams/current rotation razor:
    [​IMG]

I keep my other razors (for the most part) in that little black tool box.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat