A few vintage razors and strops my wife brought home

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Dslazar9, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Here's a few razors my wife brought home. There was a Red Imp razor that was in terrible shape-I'm not even posting a pic. It came in this Red Devil Case which I'm pretty sure is not the right case, but the case itself is pretty cool-I may keep the case but not the razor (it's the bottom pic). The Boker (top pic) is a nice looking razor-I have two other Boker's and they are both incredible shavers. The Friedr. is a nice looking razor that's in good shape. I've never heard of this one. I'd love to get info if anybody out there knows anything about them. The strops look cool, but are not in great shape. I never knew there was a Red Imp strop. boker.jpg Friedr..jpg strops.jpg IMG_5899.jpg red devil case.jpg

2. Dslazar9

Here's another very cool razor I got from Dmitry in a trade. It's 1960's soviet. It's stainless steel and very heavy. I hesitated to post this because it's so shiny it's difficult to take a pic that does justice to how beautiful this razor is. I've waited way to long to get it honed and put it to my face. Dmitry is an amazing guy to trade with. He is generous and has access to some very cool stuff. soviet.jpg

3. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

Very nice collection. I'd say the wife deserves a smooch

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Very nice stuff you got there. The strops look great as well

And yes Dmitry is a great bloke to deal with.

5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Nice haul!

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

+1 Dmitry is a great guy.

7. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Nice haul. Thank you wife.

8. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Danny the older Herder's which yours appears to be, are very good shavers, in fact I just finished up a light restore and hone on one yesterday, awesome test shave from the edge...

There were some Herder blanks that were being sold a few years back that were basically 50% tempered and 50% not tempered and a few got into hands that had no idea what they had so the name took a small hit in reputation... Yours is a factory finished razor so it should be good to go...

9. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Great scorer you have Danny. Is she still doing the estate sale stuff?

11. Dslazar9

Yes she is. Most of my shave items come from a huge group of antique vendors and other folk who run estate sales-they all know I'm interested
    in the shave gear and they give me first dibs. I'm getting close to telling them to stop-It's like handing an alcoholic endless bottles of whiskey. The recent
    brushes came from one of her estate sales-a long gone grandfather who clearly had very excellent taste. They laughed when I paid them for the brushes-they were
    happy to have them removed from the home and in the hands of somebody who cares.

battle.munky likes this.
  12. iamislander

iamislander New Member

Hey if you still have that imp I could dispose of it for you :)

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff, all.