A good place to buy Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by jlander, Jul 13, 2007.

1. jlander

jlander New Member

I found this site http://www.carbolicsoap.com and ordered 1 Ceramic Dish w/shave soap
    1 150g. Luxury soap pack

Took about 2 weeks but $44.34 delivered!!

If you want to try this soap, this is the absolute best price I have been able to find.

Dish w/Soap 13.99 BPS
    Luxury Soap Pack 2.99 BPS
    Shipping 4.99 BPS

BPS= British Pound Sterling

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thanks! I think. :D

3. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Lee at Leesrazors.com has Mitchells. It is a little more expensive but you don't have to deal internationally. I too ordered the ceramic bowl from Carbolic and paid the same. It took about 10 days if I remember correctly.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

+1, I got mine from James at Carbolic, he was a pleasure to deal with, great communication ;)

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

"New" place ??

Check THIS out !

S & H is reasonable as well to CONUS only.
    They also offer up other quality items at fair prices.

6. Xert

Xert New Member

I've already got an order in with John -- he's happy to ship to Canada as well!

7. Zachster

Zachster Member

As nice as the ceramic dish looks, I'd probably rather not pay for the extra shipping cost. How big are these pucks? Will they fit in a mug, or in one of the containers Mama Bear soaps come in?

8. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I originally posted this on B&B yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been searching online for a cheap place for Mitchell's Wool Fat soaps. This isn't bargain basement but still, I think I found a place. It's The Old Apothecary in the UK.

Here was the breakdown:
    Bath Soap 5.3 oz. - £2.25 x 2 - £4.50 (9.24 USD)
    Shaving Soap refill - £4.50 x 1 - £4.50 (9.24 USD)
    International shipping - £6.00 (12.33 USD)
    Total - £15.00 (30.81 USD)

I obtained the conversions from XE.com. This is a very good price in comparison to what some US vendors sell these items. The cheapest I found for the bath soaps was $19.36 shipped. The cheapest I found for the shaving soap was $21.30 shipped from KentBrushes.

Now, I just have to see how good their actual customer service is in regard to their shipping speed and the items' condition. I'll report back.

9. herzi

herzi Active Member

10. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

State-side check out London Bathecary. They're not "beating" those prices you guys have been getting but it's a really good vendor.

Check them out in the TSD Vendors Review Section for the 411 on'em....

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1621

Speaking of which, I'd sure like to see more vendor reviews. We all buy stuff, right?

11. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What do you mean no no to the US? :p

13. madmedic

Obviously they don't know about our 'special relationship'.....but a BIG NO.

Your Canadian Neighbours can import it to their heart's content....and sell it on at vastly inflated prices....if they so desire:D

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Hey! Don't give them any ideas! :D

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I noticed it said they were unable to ship "cosmetics" to the USA at this time. I wonder if they would still ship the brushes, razors and the sheepskin slippers?? :confused:

16. madmedic

I am afraid....that I don't know.....but they are an excellent retailer. I have bought all my Mitchell's Products from them.

17. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

The Old Apothecary will be my Mitchell's supplier from now on. My order took one week to arrive and it came in perfect shape. :D :happy088

18. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Rule Brittania! ::mat