A little Proraso experiment

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by rafikz, Aug 12, 2011.

1. rafikz

rafikz Member

So, yesterday, I was looking at my half full bottle of Proraso ASB (yeah I don't go out enough) and I was thinking of ways to make it more cooling
    The ASB has a slight cooling senstaion due to the menthyl lactate, but I wanted more

Usually, I apply the original pre-post on my wet face, let it absorb, and then add the ASB, for more cooling, but I prefer 1 step process.

I didnt have the patience to go buy/order menthol crystals, so I scooped some Pre/Post, tossed it into the bottle of Proraso ASB (not easy to do, you'll need one of those thin plastic thingies), shook the bottle

This morning, I shook the bottle again (it wasnt really needed, but I did anyway for good measure).

ZOMG

Very cooling, the combination of menthyl lactate, menthol and eucalyptus felt great great great

The scent was improved too: light coconut (from the balm) with the minty scent of Pre-Post; pretty nice IMHO

alpla444 likes this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Sounds good ive never tried proraso, its high on my to do list, ive quite a few creams and soaps so the first item i will buy is probably gonna be the ASB or the pre shave can only buy it online here in the uk, ive never seen it in any shops (although i do live in NW uk):)

3. rafikz

rafikz Member

Order both pre-post and ASB