A pair of 700C

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Suhrim21, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

Did some trading and got an almost new 700C. I've had one for a while now. I wanted to get a pic of both strops next to eachother Before I send off the old 700C to it's new home. I wanted to be able to look back at the time I had two red imp 700C strops. In the trade I also got a excellent scotch Lassie strop a lakeside strop and a cheap GBS strop that is going to a friend who has been borrowing one of mine since he can't afford one.

The lakeside strop is kinda odd. One strip is the lakeside leather and the second one looks like the boar strops I see every so often. I will take pics of the scotch Lassie and the lakeside strop later. The piece of leather that looks like boar or pig I cannot make out the brand even though it's in good condition. The cursive is too hard for me to make out. Hopefully someone will know what brand it is and what leather it is. Here is the pics of the two red imp strops.

The bottom of the new one is dark because it was dried almost solid with a nasty C. So I had to work it out. I took the picture right after that.

20190619_180058_compress99.jpg 20190619_180102_compress87.jpg

RezDog, Hembree, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.