A Sad Floid Blue Story

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Johnny, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Where to start. Twice a year there is a ladies group at our church that puts care baskets together for folks that have no jobs, some are living in shelters, etc. A very worthy cause. Over the year when I get those little extra goodies vendors include in their orders like cream and blade samples, I put them in a box and tell my wife to donate them to this group as some men would like them.

Well, this morning was their first meeting of 2012 and I had to go out and clear 13" of wet heavy snow we received last night. My wife said if you can clear the snow, I can load the car. So while I was shoveling and snowblowing snow I could see my wife carrying out some clothes we don't use or need and several boxes of stuff. She got all loaded up and off she went to do her good deed.

I get through and come inside to get a cup of coffee and warm up and I see this note the wife had left me. It said, I have taken a few extra things that I see you don't use or have to much of. Here is what she took.

1 - Feather Popular Razor
    50 - Feather Blades
    1 - Cella Red Container
    1 - Bottle of Mennens

AND THE KILLER!!!

7 - Bottles of my Floid Blue :(

Needless to say, this is not a good day.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'm rather speechless at that :(

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sorry to hear that Johnny! I guess try to think and hope that those receiving it will appreciate it as much as you do. :o

4. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

You think you're speechless. For the first time in my life I can't even go off on a cussing rant. I have until 2PM to calm down and decide how to explain to her that she just took 7 bottles of my holy grail of after shaves. What I don't want to do is tell here what those 7 bottles were worth.

5. theblindog

theblindog Active Member

:scared011:
    sorry for your lost Johnny, but hey, now you have a reason to do some shopping :happy093:

6. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

No cell phone to call in some marching orders? I would have been blowing up my wife's phone with calls and texts and pictures of me hugging bottles of Floid to at least get her to quietly and quickly leave the bottles in the car or go back in on a rescue mission.

So sorry to hear this Johnny.

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I'm just glad she did not decide I had to many brushes. She has been a good wife for 30 years so I think I will take her out to dinner tonight and during conversation to calmly tell her "hands off" of my shaving goodies.

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Maybe it was a not so subtle hint that she is not a fan of Floid Blue....

9. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Wow Johnny, after our recent conversation about your Floid stock, I'm so sorry to hear that!

Not that this will make you feel any better, but I remember having a conversation with a Sunday school teacher when I was a kid. It was all about the concept of tzedakah (charity). I was confused about what the right amount of money (in my case) was to give. Her response was that the best amount of tzedakah is to give enough that it hurts just a little bit.

I know in this case it hurts more than just a little bit, but it's something I've always remembered. Take a lot of deep breaths & hug your SWMBO.

10. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I love my wife, but I LOVE my Floid Blue. If that's the case, then she needs an attitude adjustment, as my daddy use to say.

11. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

You my most enduring sympathies on your loss, my friend. :(

12. SharpSpine

Until Johnny's Floid reserves build back up I suggest an addendum to his CT... "Little-less Boy Blue".

13. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

:) Leave my CT alone.

Queen of Blades and SharpSpine like this.
  14. SharpSpine

:scared003: Sir, yes sir!

15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Johnny, so sorry to hear about your "stash". That was frustrating to hear about. Look at it this way, there are going to be 7 men out there who are without all the things that a lot of us take for granite and their days are going to be just a little bit better because of this.

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Johnny
    This story made me gasp. But can't you just go to the donation center and get back your items? I mean the good folks will understand it was an error and give you back your donation . I would have to think this sort of thing happens all the time for them.

17. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I would have to drive all over North Central Wisconsin to do that. The ladies take everything that is brought in and then divy it up in to smaller boxes and head out in all directions. The donations they collect will be scattered out within a 100 mile radius from where I live. They work like a bunch of worker ants and by this time of day deliveries are already being made.

My wife has 65 pairs of Berkinstock shoes. Next donation day could be pay-back. :)

Hanzo and SharpSpine like this.
  18. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

My condolences!

19. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Maybe this is how OJ's troubles started.

20. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Wow. This is painful. I know how much you love the Floid so I can't really say anything worthwhile. If I can help in some way , let me know .

Johnny likes this.