A Visit To Our Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Greetings from Gilligan & Walter!

I am lucky because I don't have to share the master bathroom with my wife. Rather, I have my own bathroom to use as my shave den. In addition, we don't have any children so my shave den is my personal sanctuary.

First off, I don't like clutter. My personal preference is to not display everything that I own. There's too much risk that items can get damaged:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My extra razors /blades are stored under the sink cabinet:

[​IMG]

My bathroom linen closet is well organized and has bins for my soaps and creams:

[​IMG]

My brushes are kept on a shelf in my upstairs office away from the bathroom's humidity:

[​IMG]

So what do you think?

Shaver X, Rapidray, txskimo and 15 others like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Very nice!

Gilligan and Walter likes this.
  3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Nice organization and nice stuff.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That's a nice den =) clean and organized. Nice gear too.

6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice and well organized!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Very nice, but I only count 19 brushes. You clearly need more.

9. Gilligan and Walter

My thread, Our Shaving Den ( The Showcase, The Medicine Cabinent) reveals 17 current brushes. I've cycled through some brushes.

The real Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs has another level after self- actualization, that level is owning several shaving brushes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Troy M and Sara-s like this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Great-looking den! :)

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I stand by my count of 19. I'm including your next 2.

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Very nice, well organised den.

13. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Great Den - I am jealous that you have your own bathroom. Years ago we moved in to help my wife's elderly parents so my wife, daughter and I all share a spare bathroom. - I am having to get creative to store my increasing shave stuff.

14. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Man that is a sanctuary. I share my space with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. It's a weird smell between awesome and gross. just depends on what whiff you get. Hoping my setup changes soon. I'd love to have your sanctuary though! Congrats!

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You have a great den! Thanks for sharing it with us. :happy088:

16. s2mason

s2mason New Member

Not quite sure why you feel you have to store your brushes elsewhere due to humidity? It's unlikely your bathroom stays at high humidity level for any extended duration, and even then unless the brushes remain constantly wet, I can't imagine why you feel it would negatively impact a device designed to be saturated with water? Other than that..... Super nice den. I once had my own bathroom......sigh

17. Gilligan and Walter

Who did you lose your shaving den to?

Your point is well taken regarding shaving brushes. My guitar room is right next to my bathroom. Because of my guitars, I keep a humidifier going all the time to remain at a constant humidity. Moreover, the only other place for my brushes would be the bathroom linen closet. I just wouldn't want to risk any potential mold issues. In all actuality, I simply enjoy displaying my brushes on my office shelf where I know they will be safe at all times.

One guy on another forum I was a member of used to keep his brushes on an over-the-toilet shelf system. Guess what happened? Someone knocked his favorite brush into the used toilet bowl. Upon retrieving his brush, the use of Barbicide wasn't even an option. :sad023: Hearing stories like that, I am just so reluctant to keep all of my brushes on display in the bathroom.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Slow Joe and GDCarrington like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice den. You can list your den in The Medicine Cabinet forum. It is for keeping a current log of your own "inventory" (soaps, creams, razors, scents, etc). Sometimes it's just kind of a pain to tell someone what you have (maybe you're working on a trade of something).

You may wish to post a link to your thread here into your signature for the benefit of others.

I have mine in my Signature: Jayaruh's Shave Den

http://theshaveden.com/forums/forums/the-medicine-cabinet.55/

19. s2mason

s2mason New Member

I respect that your conscious of your brushes best interest.....swimming in the toilet bowl is not an ideal environment. LOL. I lost my den when we downsized. I had a wonderful 3rd full bath in the basement next to my den. We now have a 2 bath house and since all the kids are gone the 2nd bath absolutely must be for "guests".....its a fight I can't win.

20. Gilligan and Walter

Brilliant minds think alike. I beat you to it. I've posted my current inventory of stuff shortly after den photos postings. Great idea about adding it to my signature line.