? about Rooney 1/1 in Super

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by machine, Nov 3, 2009.

1. machine

machine New Member

So I received a slightly used Rooney, wow is that bad boy dense, anyway this brush does not dry out in the 24 hours it takes between shaves.

After I rinse it out I give it some good shakes, and then towel it somewhat. Around 10-15 hours later you can still rub it on your hand and make it wet.

Should I be doing something differently? I tried leaving it standing and also hanging in a stand.
    I'm concerned it may mildew. Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Matt

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have never used one of these.. can not help.. Come on guys someone here can help out with this one.

Fuzzy

3. Mojavered

Mojavered New Member

When hanging it in a stand, are you leaving it out to dry or are you hiding it away in a cabinet? I too have never used one of these before.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Never used one, but never had a problem with any of my brushes, boar or badger, drying. Jason makes the point - don't store them is a closed cabinet or closet.

5. machine

machine New Member

No cabinet, I leave it by the sink. And actually as an update , I've been using the brush all week and now it seems to be drying fine. I can't explain it..
    I got it used but it was in amazing shape, maybe it wasn't even broken in yet?
    I just checked it after I got home from work today (about 9-10 hours)and it seems completely dry.
    Thanks for the help though gents.

6. heirkb

heirkb New Member

This sounds more like what I'm used to with mine. Glad that's resolved ;)