Adjustable Injectors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MTgrayling, Jun 13, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I got to wondering just how many variations of the adjustable Injector Schick made? I found 5 different Injectors in my collection.

From left; Schick Dial, Schick Adjustable gold lettering, Schick Adjustable silver lettering and dot (this one also seems to have different plating), Schick Protector, Adjustable by Schick also a Protector model
    [​IMG]

How many others are there?

Recklesstr, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

No idea Chris. I don't know a thing about those types of razors. Do they adjust to make a more aggressive shave or what's the reason? Like an adjustable Gillette?

3. rainman

rainman New Member

Maybe to change the blade angle.

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yes, they operate like a Gillette. The dial pushes the guard bar out and down away from the blade exposing more blade at higher settings.

Here's a few more shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recklesstr, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  5. Hiya,

Man..........seeing all those adjustables brings back some good memories for me. I went through an injector period a few years back(before DE), and those types pictured were the best! Yeah, I've shaved with almost every Schick injector type, and the 'M' type was the one I used almost daily for many months.

The adjustable feature operates as it would for a DE razor, and it DOES work well. Yeah, you can dial this to whatever aggressive setting you like, and I found #3 to be my magic number(same as on my fatboy). The shaves were quick, comfortable, and quite close, and the injector was a pleasure to use. Of course, finding the right blades also played a big part of that result, but that's true for any type injector. Yeah, there IS a difference in blades, just like a DE.

If this 'hobby' was just about getting a close and easy shave, I probably would still be using that injector. Heh, as some of us know, the shave is only a part of the overall experience. I haven't shaved with an injector for a few years now, but I can heartily recommend giving em a shot. That would also go for the 'J' and 'L' types....also very good shavers for me.

Anyway, thanks for the post, Chris. I had no clue there were that many types of Schick adjustable versions. Heh, a few years ago, I woulda had to wipe the drool off my keyboard seeing pics like those.

Martin

Oh, let me just mention that I've been considering buying one of these 'M' types. Yeah, if I did, I'd ask Bob if he could come up with some kind of custom metal handle to mount the injector head on. That way there would be some weight to the thing, which I'd prefer in any razor.

Also, I never got around to using the cut down feather blade in my 'M', but would try that for sure the next time around. Yeah, the featherjector idea kinda appeals to me more and more.

I think that new Cobra looks interesting, but I have no idea how it shaves. I'd hate to buy one of those (cheap at $125.......heh)and find out the fixed setting didn't suit me. That's what's so nice about having an adjustment option(on any razor).

Karl G, Darkbulb and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Mattinnc

Mattinnc New Member

My Dad made the blades for these .... in Milford, Conn. I learned to shave with injectors and still use them for a quick and close ( always bloodless) shaves.

The "DIAL" razors are capable of very, very close shaves and are capable of drawing blood at the highest settings .... in my experience.

MattC

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. Special_K

Special_K New Member

That's pretty cool, man.

Karl G likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Great thread - I was looking for one showing the various adjustable versions :)

9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Hello Martin...Good to se Ya...:)

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G likes this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

As far as I can gather from Waits Safety Razor Compendium there is the M 1, M 2 & M3...Then of course the Protector...He doesn't mention the Protector that has the blade guard so there could be more ...On the other hand some of the differences just may be cosmetic and not a different model per se...:signs002:

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah I've seen 2-3 other models that are not included in the OP but as you say those might just be cosmetic differences.
    Didn't know there were so many 'models' though. Interesting.