Adjustable Razors - B.Beauty, FATBOY, Futur, etc.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Commander Shepard, Jun 12, 2012.

1. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Futur is an amazing razor (still excited to use it)and still love using even though i've used it everyday for month's!!

2. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

In that case, he could go for the 1975 superadjustable, though my 1969 seems to have no blade exposure issues.

3. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

pull the trigger on a futur you will love it

4. lindyhopper66

l agree the three pieces are most excellent, especially the Weber.

5. Rob72

Rob72 Member

Slim, SA, FB, and a couple of other, but no "modern" (Merkur, etc..) shavers. The Super Adjustable is very agile, because of the lighter weight and longer grip. If your grip is closer to the head, you may enjoy the Fat Boy more, as the weight is more confined. The Slim, being all brass, is somewhere between the two in handling.

6. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I have both a Fat Boy and Super Adjustable, personally I enjoy use the Super vs the Fat Boy.
    The longer handle makes it well balance, easily navigates my face.

newb likes this.
  7. hey guys , ur feed back has been most helpful. i really appreciate it. looks as if im gonna go with the 1969 black beatuy to start off. i certainly will try the futur as a good friend has one. the FB is just to short for my thick and large European hands, i need length. again, u guys are an invaluable resource to wet shavers.

commander shepard

8. lindyhopper66

Good choice, commander shepard! I'm sure you'll like the razor and the shave.

Commander Shepard likes this.
  9. deaficianado

deaficianado New Member

I like the long handles also. I suggest you get the long handled Progress. I think it's the best adjustable, and I have them all. If the plastic on the bottom of the handle bothers you, you can spend more $ and get a Mergress.

10. hey, im still gonna go with the b.b. for now but i looked into the mergress and it looks pretty sweet. not a regular razor i also gathered as its not common. hence the $$ of it. but thankx for the input, if i see one out there ill be sure to give it a shot ;)

11. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

As good as any and better than most is my favorite Gillette Adjustable is the 1966 ( L ) model . Good solid razor! (Wait, find a clean one at a good price. There's a lot of them out there.)

12. any blade exposuer on that razor? people seem to say until the 70's they have have issues with that problem.

13. lindyhopper66

I saw that post about blade exposure problems. I have several slims and have never noticed that problem, myself.

14. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I have 2 slim adjustables and 2 supers. I like both

15. lindyhopper66

I think your problem is solved. You can't have too many adjustables. Try them all. The super is a great one to start with.

Commander Shepard likes this.