Adventures in Cutting my Throat vol. 2

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Will, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

If anyone gets a chance to use a Non Folding Straight Razor……..

DO IT! :cool:

I have spent a week with a Feather AC Non Folding and let me tell ya, it doesn’t get better then this (IMHO, YMMV, Yada Yada Yada).

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ive been waiting for Part 2 FOREVER

3. Will

Will Nevermind

When Kill Bill Vol. 2 came out I was underway, try having it come out and then having to wait for shore leave too see it. :rofl

BTW I watched it in Perth Australia (those of you who have seen the movie will get the irony).

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yep, I'm getting along very well with mine too.

As long as you don't overdo it, its all good :happy088

5. Will

Will Nevermind

How I do it

N-S Cheeks
    S-N Neck (surprisingly comfortable)
    E-W Chin
    N-S Upper Lip

2 pass and I call it a day.

No pressure I REPEAT NO PRESSURE!
    35 degree angle and watch it like a hawk, you can mess around with this mother.

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Is there going to be a part 3? What about spin offs.. like "Adventures in Cutting my Toe Nails"?

:D

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

:rofl

That was funny

8. Will

Will Nevermind

In time.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Only difference here is the Chin is N-S as well. And, one pass only.

The trickiest part for me (upper lip) is accomplished by shaving half the lip at a time, with the hand opposite the side of lip being shaved...and coming in on a diagonal toward the middle;)

For whatever reason, shaving with the left hand just seemed natural with the Japanese style handle.

10. Will

Will Nevermind

Funny ain't it.

I do cross handed for the neck. :eek:

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I'm waiting for the str8 purists to raz us about the Feather AC razors. :D

N-S
    S-N on some spots.

Finish with a DE.

2.5 passes. I can do a short stroke one pass N-S and call it a day but it won't be BBS.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

yep...funny looking contraption y'all got there. It doubles as a tater pealer right???:D

Glad it works for you guys;)

Raf

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Let em!

Just shave, baby!

14. Will

Will Nevermind

Yep, came with some newfangold gear on it too. Like dem cellular tellerphonies.

15. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I love mine too. It just feels so much more natural, and i'm getting great shaves.

16. CatMan

CatMan Member

And they think they're actually shaving, ..., with Japanese potato peelers!!!
    It's too funny! :rofl:rofl

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If the Japanese made a potato peeler that shaved as well my ACD-N then I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. ;)

18. CatMan

CatMan Member

Hope I didn't tick off anyone with my previous comment. It was certainly not my intention. Actually, I've never held any of those Japanese straights with exchangeable blades, and fixed straight handle in my hands. From what I read in forums, they are more unforgiving than traditional straights, which disqualifies them for my personal use. I find my straights unforgiving enough. ;) Don't need more excitement. From photos I saw, I didn't find them very attractive. But that certainly is just a personal taste. Then the straight handle! Considering the technique I acquired so far, I believe the handle would be constantly in the way, whereas with traditional straights one is free to chose the angle of the handle in relation to the blade and hence has more freedom of movement. Did I get this wrong?
    Well, the bottom line is, I find it very brave to use those modern stiff straights, but would not consider it. If it's your thing and it works for you, by all means, enjoy your Samurai shave! ::

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

No offense taken. We know you're funnin' I've used straights, DEs and the ACD-N. Yes, the non-foldings can be unforgiving but I found them an easier transition from a DE to the ACD-N then a DE to a straight for some reason. It certainly does work. :D