African Black Soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by GeneralKinetics, Jul 30, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've used the processed (filtered) soap. It was my first introduction to Shea Butter. That was back before Shea Butter became a mainstream ingredient in everything body care related.

I would not hesitate to order the raw soap if I were you. Judging by the reviews, people have been pretty happy with it.

I found the soap to be too moisturizing. But that's me, YMMV.

3. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Welll...:) I already ordered the 1 pound version and got it yesterday. So far, I've washed my face with it(felt great) and showered with it, and it felt great. I was a fool though, and cut it into 4 stupidly sized squares instead of lengthwise into bars.

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Never used it, probably never will. Shipping would be a killing

5. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

I've used the Nubian Heritage African Black Soap which I really enjoyed. I'm not sure what you're trying to treat, or improve by using the soap, so not sure what specifically you want to know about. What you have there looks far less refined than what I bought, so I can;t tell you much. I switched to another soap from Nubian Heritage recently, and it is now my favorite; it is a Indian Hemp and Vetiver soap with Neem oil. Leaves my skin feeling very fresh, hydrated, and it smells like heaven to me.

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

They sell this stuff at beauty supply stores but I haven't tried it. I have been on a artisan bath soap kick lately and am so glad I switched from shower gel.

Bymainer likes this.
  7. TheDude82

TheDude82 Well-Known Member

I use the raw form. Works good. Kinda melty though