Aftershave Recommendations

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tommynick, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Since I now have enough creams and soaps to last me 2 years and my razor collection stands at 20, I want to build up the aftershave collection in 2008. I need to get some opinion from you all to build on what I have.

I want to initially focus on brands that you would find in the barber supply store and then add some higher end stuff. Currently I have the following:

Nancy Boy Signature Balm
    Polo Green Balm and aftershave
    AV
    Pinaud Clubman
    Proraso Balm
    Neutogena Skin Protector
    Cornhuskers Lotion
    MandL Florida Water

On order
    Tabac
    Typhon Menthol

Thanks

Tom

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Tom:
    Do you have the AV musk ? One of my favorites.
    Brut ASB
    Skin Bracer AS
    Old Spice AS

All the above are easily found in the US of A

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Pinaud Musk
    Master's Lord & Masters

these canbe found at your local Sally beauty supply stores

Raf

4. KUJO

KUJO New Member

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

As far as what you're after, I believe my fellow shavers have covered the full gambit.

-Now you may find Old Spice to be somewhat similar to Tabac.....but I wouldn't hesitate to get both of them ;)

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Can anyone say Acquisition Disorder.

7. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Add the Dominica Bay Rum products and Floid...oh and DR Harris and...and...never mind :drool

Jordan

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Someone here has Acquisition Disorder.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    All of us? :p

10. Tommynick

Guilty as charged.

11. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

British Sterling. Nice! Just bought some at the local RiteAid.

:happy088

12. razorthief

razorthief New Member

Tabac is great - good choices

13. Black Dog

Black Dog New Member

Is it just me, or just the UK market, or is it a worldwide thing? I'm finding it almost impossible to buy after-shave in a shop. Most of the places round here, even Boots, which usually has everything you could think of, only have Old Spice (which I like) and Tabac (which is a bit too flowery for my taste). There are tons and tons of "men's grooming products", but they are nearly all colognes or bodysprays or body mists or whatever fashion dictates this week. If you ask for after-shave, the assistants usually look at you as if you have three heads.

For what it's worth, Boots in UK do an own-brand after-shave called Freshwood, which is very pleasant (and the wife likes it) for only 2.49 GBP, so that's a good second string when the OS runs out. As for something more special, it'll have to wait until I am next on a cross-channel ferry, where the selection is huge. I know there's lots of stuff available on the web, but I can't see myself buying anything I haven't tried first, even from a high-end name.

14. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I have tried the Proraso green splash a few days now, and I must say I like it a lot! I can see it moving to the top in my rotation ;) Recomended!

15. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I love Pinaud Clubman for what you can find in stores. However, I've started using Art of Shaving After Shave Balm. I know AOS can be a little controversial because of it's price but I absolutely love this stuff.

It eliminates razor burn if you have any, moisturizes like nobody's business and very little goes a long way. It's my absolute favorite and I've stopped using anything else.

It comes in various scents but I use the unscented so it doesn't clash with my cologne.

16. DMS

DMS New Member

Absolutely! I can't imagine being w/o these two.

17. mercV12

mercV12 Member

WELEDA Shave lotion.... sharp, abrupt sting :eek: followed by a clean citrus / myhr scent that is smart and unique. Very German. My personal favorite! :drool Whole Foods carries it.

18. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

:rofl Aren't we all?

19. Tommynick

20. momo360

momo360 New Member

Nice haul,

I highly recommend Musgo Real's "Splash", i use the word splash here with a bit of flexibility since the stuff actually contains beeswax. A truly heavenly scent, leaving very little to be desired insofar as A/S's go.

If you can get your hands on some Proraso splash as well, this potion actually contains witchhazel.