Aftershaves with witch hazel (esp Capt Choice)

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by drone115b, Sep 29, 2016.

1. drone115b

drone115b Active Member

I purchased a Captain's Choice Sandalwood aftershave a while back and was disappointed to find that it did not contain witch hazel. I purchased a Captain's Choice Cat o' Nine Tails recently and it does contain witch hazel. I prefer aftershaves containing witch hazel, if all other factors are equal.

Looking at most of the shopping sites, they do not list the ingredients of the aftershaves.

Can folks recommend their favorite aftershaves that contain witch hazel?

[I know I could splash on some Thayer's, but if I can have an aftershave containing witch hazel, that is my preference.]

Thanks

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Stirling splashes are among my favorites.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Through The Fire Fine Craft's aftershaves have WH . I also have made my own AS that is basically two parts WH to one part alcohol, with some additional aloe, glycerin, castor oil, and essential oil.
    http://www.ttffcraft.com

4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb likes this.
  6. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Spieck! German for Uber Goodness!

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

8. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Speick! Captain's Choice Lime, or simply Thayer's Witch Hazel.

9. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Yes, agree with all 3 of these. Thayer's & Speick in particular belongs in everyone's arsenal. Some don't love Speick's scent (I love it, and more importantly my wife does), but few will deny it's an awesome AS performer.

Metro likes this.
  10. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Beaver Woodwright is defunct as far as naming goes and they are officially Black Ship Grooming Co. now. I just called them Beaver Woodwright because the name change was recent and that was the company name for many years.

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Speick Aftershave Splash is you're answer ;)

12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Does Speick AS smell like the cream? It isn't that I so much don't like the scent, but it reminds me too much of Desitin and baby changings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Paul Turner

well, I knew about the new name, but thanks for confirming there's no "merger" involved. I don't blame you for sticking with the name(for now).

Demidog likes this.
  14. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

It does smell like the cream or shave stick. It is a very neutral clean scent to me. Typical German efficiency! I like it very much, the only thing is I wish it lasted longer. The scent dissipates fairly quickly

PickledNorthern likes this.
  15. drone115b

drone115b Active Member

I tend to like Captain's Choice and I tend to like Lime, so maybe I'll give that a go next time around.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

16. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I like it because it is great for the skin, smells really natural, fresh and clean, and fades away quickly so you can wear your favourite EDT without clashing.

17. Paul Turner

PickledNorthern likes this.
  18. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I like Stirling, but just add witch hazel to your favorite aftershaves.