Aggressiveness vs. Blade vs. Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by badabing10, Dec 14, 2014.

1. badabing10

badabing10 Active Member

Ok, I had my second my 2nd shave tonight with my JAWS. and love it but have a few questions.

1. Im using a feather inside the JAWS --> what setting would you put the Futur to equal the aggressiveness of the JAWS (assuming you use a feather blade).

2. I've been getting very bad irritation under my chin/neck areas. The jaws gets very close (which is great) but its still irritating to shave.

3. What blade would you suggest that is little smoother/closer than the LORD but not as aggressive as the feathers?

Thanks

2. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

I always thought of Red Personna blades as having a very smooth shave. Not the sharpest, but really smooth. I don't have them around anymore, but used them up fairly quickly when I made my last 100 blade purchase of them.

3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

This will always be a subjective question, but after trying so many DE blades, vintage and modern, I have found nothing as smooth, sharp and long-lasting as the original Super Iridiums.
    Good luck.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Only you will be able to answer what blade works best for you. I like Ladas, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow, Voskhod, this list could get pretty long..:)

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My top 2 for sharp plus smooth are Gillette Silver Blue and Voskhod.

6. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

I use Astra SPs/SS's in a Jaws. I found that a Gillette Silver Blue was also equal, but a 7 o clock yellow was too sharp but lasted 2 more shaves than an Astra. The Astras are perfect balance for me. Cuts through anything, but smooth as silk. I have coarse Armenian hair and sensitive skin.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good blades between Lords and Feathers. Any of the Gillette made blades could go in there - Astras, Silver Blues, the 7 o'clocks. Personna Labs or Meds are in there too.