Alluminati by Nathan Clark

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Number six, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Received this unique copper color aluminum brush by Nathan Clark with Envy White knot. I've given it a couple of hand lathers and it has a wonderful balance of softness and backbone. Zero scritch.
    I'm looking forward to adding this to the rotation>>>
    Nathan was kind enough to include a tin of Dr. Jon's Classic soap. The knot is still slightly damp in the photos. I'll post some pics of the dry knot later.
    Alluminati 1.jpg Alluminati 2.jpg Alluminati 3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    preidy, Tdmsu, IDuck and 11 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice. znice_brush.png I saw his brushes when I ordered my Ubersoft 2 knot. Cool brushes and clever play on words.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool brush.

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sweet brush.

5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Saw this in The Clean Shaver's video. Great looking brush.

6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Nice brush...

Can you please share your thoughts on the knot in comparison to your top shelf brushes?

I'm curious about the backbone, density, flow through, does it release the lather, etc...

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That is sweet!!

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Number six

I've only given it a few palm lathers so I won't really know until I give it a good face lather, perhaps tomorrow. So far it is very well behaved. It's a medium density knot with excellent backbone and very soft tips, but the loft is high enough to allow some good movement to the bristles. It definitely had no problem quickly whipping up a nice lather from both a soap and a cream.

I can say that after soaking the brush and running under warm water that the aluminum handle maintained enough heat to stay warm to the touch throughout lathering and cleanup.

More to come.

JR Reyes likes this.
  9. JR Reyes

Thanks for the info...

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That looks like a tangerine I've seen on some hot rods at the car shows. I liked it then and even more now. The knob is also reminiscent of a billet gear shift knob. Too :signs021: !!!

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Nathan builds some awesome brushes. Good score!

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Number six

Great first time out with the Alluminati today. The weight of the handle is substantial but in no way uncomfortable. It made loading a breeze, I just let the weight of the handle do the work.

I face lathered SV Manna di Sicilia with no problems. The lather release was excellent, the knot held plenty of lather and the face feel is soft but firm.

After only one use I feel like this should be a permanent part of the rotation, as good as any "top shelf" brushes.

FWIW when dry the tips are a bit crunchy and when wet the tips were slightly gooey. Nathan has hit it out of the park with the Alluminati. Plus it looks hella cool!

clint64, JR Reyes and Robyflexx like this.
  13. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Cool brush.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Number six

FYI I measured the knot with my very primitive calipers. 27mm at the base and loft of 51-52mm. Sweet!

Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  15. JR Reyes

Just what I wanted to hear! I'm going to buy the knot for one of my handles.

clint64 likes this.
  16. Number six

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Amazing looking brush and really, really like the look of that knot.
    The only thing I don't care for is the look of the logo..but..it's on the bottom and not exactly in your face anyway :)
    Very nice!

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Ooooo man that is pretty! I love the copper.

Number six and Robyflexx like this.