Almost free razor blade case

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dexterous, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Like most of you, I have a lot (200+) of loose blades; blades that are not packed in a plastic dispenser case. I have found these to be problematical when traveling. I don’t want loose blades floating around in my shaving kit. Neither do I want to risk warping the blades by binding them with a rubber band. I have spent considerable time with eBay and Google Shopping results looking for a Gillette razor blade case that is in good condition and is reasonably priced. So far, no luck.

As my prospective client's personnel get younger I find it profitable to maintain a youthful appearance. Clairol “Just for Men” hair color helps me with this. Last night, after the latest session of hair coloring, I noticed the little plastic capsule that the plastic gloves come in. It looked to be the right size. I found some DE blades and easily placed 5 of them inside the capsule! There may be room for a couple more. The capsule closes tightly and the blades are not crushed or bent. My razor blade case problems are solved at no extra expense!

2. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

What I really wanted to say is GO GREEN! I graduated from MSU in 1987.

3. apswartz

apswartz New Member

huh!?

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Drats! Although I am graying, I haven't felt the need to try Just for Me. But, I would love a blade case!

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Well, the cost isn't that much for hair coloring usually. Just buy it for the "capsule".

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

apswartz- Based on Dexterous avitar, I assumed he went to Michigan State University. Just my way of saying hello to a fellow MSU Alum.

I've been lurking on this board for quite some time, but that was my first post (a strange one too, I must admit).

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Dexterous' avatar is the Michigan State Spartans logo.

8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I understood it right off the bat, albeit strange. :D

Welcome to the Den, Wishoot!

9. Queen of Blades

Welcome to The Shave Den, Wishoot!

Don't miss the Newbie Give-Away! :happy088

10. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Ah! I see! and Welcome to the board!!!!

11. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Thanks! This is a great forum and I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

12. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Oh, and how much does the Just for Men typically cost?

13. Queen of Blades

Thank goodness this ain't The Price Is Right! :eek:

It's hair coloring, just like women's hair coloring, I'd guess under $10. I haven't bought hair color in years though.

Dex could probably answer that better than I.

14. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I just assumed dexterous was the trojan man.

15. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

I just refill those little plastic blade holders that derby's come in with blades from the bulk boxes.

16. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

In my area, $7.99.

17. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

I never thought of that. How many spent blades can you put in the back? I was going to carry one along to put used blades in.

18. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Then you must be a gentleman and a scholar.

Class of `80 myself.

19. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Apparently you are not an IT consultant. Somedays I walk into a client's site and it looks like Kindergarten, at least to me ;).

20. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Frankly, neither, but thanks just the same.

Are you still in the East Lansing area? I was back a few years ago to see how much Abbott Hall and Grand River had changed.

Good Gravey, they took away Campus Corners. Where's an honest, hard-working student supposed to buy bongs and rolling papers now??