Alpa Fougere.!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by The Shaving Zone, May 12, 2019.

1. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

brit and The Shaving Zone like this.
  3. The Shaving Zone

A STYLISH BOUQUET OF FERN, LAVENDER AND OAK MOSS IN THE STYLE OF THE 1940S.

The very unusual, heavy, checkered glass bottle with the nostalgic label is a looker. The very pleasant, fresh scent is subtle and exudes a clean, light and unobtrusive charm of the 1930/40s. The content of a pint really invites you to a generous use. An elegant everyday fragrance.

"Fougere" is a classic, groundbreaking men's fragrance which was created in 1882 under the name "Fougere Royale" by the company Houbigant Paris.

The "Alpa Fougere Eau de Cologne" is a beautiful cologne in a unique glass bottle. It is produced by Czech traditional company Alpa, which has been famous since 1913 for its Alpa rubbing alcohol - and that until today produces unique fragrances of the 1920-50s.

The scent

The "Fougere Alpa" is definitely a nice, authentic cologne for everyday use. The fresh scent of lavender, oak moss, tree moss and coumarin (Coumarin smells of fresh hay and fern) is a neat, authentic feeling. Particularly appealing about this scent is that one simply can smell stylish, without being too overpowering. This is not reflected in the price does, as the Alpa Fougere - like all Alpa products - is very low priced. And, incidentally, the Fougere is the favorite fragrance of the Alpa's managing director.

The packaging

The Fougere's sturdy glass bottle is really unique. With its massive, ribbed diamond pattern, it almost looks like a castle wall or a hand grenade. Without the large, fluted turning cap the Alpa Fougere looks like in a bathroom of the 1940s.

4. The Shaving Zone

Alpa is one of the oldest and most reputable cosmetic manufacturers in the Czech Republic/Europe. For fans of original nostalgic fragrances of the 1920-50's Alpa is offering a true treasure trove. You'll find here after shaves and eau de colognes with flowery scents of violets, lilies, carnations, bergamotte, Chypre or Fougere.

brit, Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Frijolero and The Shaving Zone like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Great info, thanks @The Shaving Zone

7. The Shaving Zone

The company Alpa a.s. was founded in 1913 in the then Austro-Hungarian monarchy in the Moravian town of Brno. The only product of the company at that time - the ALPA rubbing alcohol - was such a hit, that in 1938 there were 196 employees necessary to meet the demand. After the second World War the company moved in 1948 to the city of Velké Mezirici. Today Alpa is one of the oldest and most prestigious cosmetics manufacturers in the Czech Republic.

8. The Shaving Zone

My absolute pleasure Paul Turner.!!

9. The Shaving Zone

I have yet to dislike a product from Alpa they're all terrific .!!

10. The Shaving Zone

It's a completely different thing....

brit and Frijolero like this.
  11. The Shaving Zone

12. Paul Turner

Unless I'm researching in the wrong place, all I see is "Alpha".

13. The Shaving Zone

So good that I uploaded twice :signs154::happy097:

14. Paul Turner

And now I see you're all over the place in Badger&Blade, talkinabout it. (With a different avatar).

15. The Shaving Zone

You got me!!:shocked003::happy088:

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  16. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

"Alpa" is the name, and "Alpha" is what your spell checker wants to put in its place. ;)

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

The mention of "oak moss" and "tree moss" in the Fougere Alpa..... is that similar to oudwood?

Frijolero likes this.
  18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I haven't tried any of the colognes yet. I have used the Windsor cream and aftershave. Fantastic stuff that really is inexpensive, unless you live in the US. :(
    I've also used the Farao aftershave, and the Dapper Dan ones are made by them too.. I like their aftershaves a lot.

19. Paul Turner

I'll give them more research. And I still haven't yet used my AgadirMen items(although I will this week). Wow, good times ahead, eh?

The Shaving Zone and Frijolero like this.
  20. Paul Turner

I thought it said free shipping, even for here. Set of 3 for $25....free shipping.

Frijolero and cliffb599 like this.