*Archived* Alpha Brush & Shaving

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by Vlasta, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs021: That is sooooo cool ..... I want a flying razor, though it might be a little tougher to shave with and I'll need to keep all the doors and windows closed when I let it out of its cage for a flying shave.

BTW is it paper trained?

:D

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Guys and Gals - I have done a collaboration with a famous soap maker - many of you know him. Selling a superb brush I call Alpha Gothic. Of course you can grab a soap and a splash at the same time.

What happens when you combine the finest knots currently on the market, with a one off Alpha crafted handle? A lot of excitement, that’s what. Available in a choice of 28mm knots. Super High Density 2-band Uomo Badger or the latest Synthetic G4. This is where upping your shaving game really happens gents. Please note: We only have a low number of these limited edition brushes. So please be sure to get them while you can, once they have gone there will be no more.

Grab one here - CLICK!!

Some photos....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hembree, jimjo1031 and TheCuttingEdge like this.
  3. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Very cool

Vlasta and Hembree like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great to see it hit the market!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Vlasta likes this.
  5. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
  6. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Gentlemen - photos and video tomorrow. The Claymore Evolution SE pre-production prototype CAD #4 is with me now - I got it hours ago. I am opening for pre-order in a few days. There is also an exclusive handle. Available to ship in about 25 -30 days.

Edison Carter and Hembree like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

What type of SE blade does it use? Gem style, AC injector, Schick injector, Feather FHs-10, half DE or something else.

Hembree and Vlasta like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    AC injector

Hembree and BBS like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Look forward to seeing what you came up with.

Hembree and Vlasta like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

subscribed!

11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Can i ask why not a standard injector?

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It does seem like a more crowded marketplace in the AC world vs the traditional injector. Beats me, I'd prefer a standard as well.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The market hasn't been reestablished yet. There are no modern schick style injectors or razors that use those blades that would make any DE or SE shaver beginner or experienced seriously want to put down their other razors and use it regularly. All the ones I've tried with exception of the Type O clone which is exactly that, are designed i.m.o. for people who don't know how to shave with anything sharp let alone a stiff blade. If they were any good you'd see people in the SE community pimping them like the vintage stuff. How often do you see them in the SE what did you shave with threads after the initial hype when they first come onto the market.

jmudrick likes this.
  14. Jorvaljr

I have never owned or used an ac blade or razor. What is the difference? I have always heard the blades are more expensive and dont last long, maybe a few shaves ? Am i misunderstanding these blades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It's a longer blade. Apparently useful for those late for work or with teenage daughters who need the bathroom freed up.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  16. Jorvaljr

Oh you show off! Lol thanks so i may be confusing these blades with something else. I remember hearing feather artisan club blades only get a few shaves before they are trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Oh those old things ?? lol. Maybe you are thinking of the Feather SE blades . Those are indeed garbage.

Edison Carter and Jorvaljr like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The edges are also designed for shaving without a guard in shavettes. The blades may also not be the same thickness but that difference shouldn't be noticeable like the blade edge. In the right AC injector razor they shave super sharp and smooth right from the first shave whereas the Chinese Schick injector blades are super sharp but usually harsh before they are broken in except for the super mild injectors. In that case you get one maybe 2 really good shaves before they drop off because they can't make proper contact with the face as opposed to 10 to 15 shaves in a better designed injector head.

PLANofMAN, Tedolph and Edison Carter like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

AC blades were indeed designed for shavettes and most all subsequent AC safety razor designs suggest that's where they should have been left. Vector is an obvious exception (unburdened as it is with unnecessary mass). Anxious to see what Alpha has up its sleeve.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Tedolph and Edison Carter like this.
  20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

:signs011:
    I would love a modern, heavy, beautiful (aka no plastic, think stainless or brass here) injector that accepts blades from a common keyed injector blades magazine. I don't want any mess that I have to unscrew plates and/or caps. I would even settle for, and I think it's a rather unique idea, a modern, heavy, beautiful injector head with a thread post on it for use with any standard DE handle I wanted to use. AC styles IMHO are cumbersome, and just one more type of blade I have to keep up with.