Am I correct? No such thing as an injector blade sample pack?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by S Barnhardt, Oct 30, 2019.

1. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I sort of feel stupid for asking this, but not as stupid as if I didn't and found out later there was....

Wanting to buy some blades to try out the two Schick Injectors I got and was hoping there was such a thing as a sample pack of blades like there is for DE blades. Despite looking, Googling, and looking on a few websites, I find nothing of the sort. So...Am I correct in assuming there is no such thing?

And while I'm at it, are the keys on injector cartridges removable for use on a cartridge without one?

Thanks...
    :o

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

There are really only three blade options (in production) for Injector razors. The Parsonna/Accutec, not the sharpest but they get the job done. The Chinese Schick blades (yellow package) good sharpness and smoothness but pricey. The Schick Proline B-20s, sharpest of the three and cheaper then the yellow Schicks but the magazine doesn't have a key so you have to cross load them into a keyed Injector magazine. And unfortunately no, you can't remove the key from one magazine to use on another.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    No. But they can be reloaded with care.

(Side Note) If you own an old type A, B, or C Schick, the inner magazine can be removed from the injector cartridge, and be used in those razors, which are often sold without the magazine, and original refills are rather scarce.

4. S Barnhardt

PLANofMAN, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  5. S Barnhardt

While we're on the subject of injector blades in general, and Schick in particular, I'd like to ask this question!

I think I'm correct in presuming these are what folks refer to as Chinese Schicks, or "Chicks", correct?

[​IMG]

Then I'm finding these on Amazon. May be on other sites as well, but I know I'm seeing them on Amazon. To me, the cartridge looks the same, but they don't show as being on a card like the ones above and they are roughly $2, giver or take, cheaper than the ones on the card. $7 and change on the carded ones and $5 and change on the plain ones. Does anyone know if the plain ones are just bulk packed versions of the same ones on the card? Both are the same quantity....7 each!

[​IMG]

:thanks:

6. Linuxguile

I've never seen these not come on a card. I've actually bought the listing you posted the picture from before and even though they don't show the card they still come on the card.

Edison Carter and S Barnhardt like this.
  7. S Barnhardt

Sounds safe then!

Thanks!

:thanks:

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ted Pella blades are less than $6.00 plus shipping for 20 blades.

9. S Barnhardt

Don't know much about them other than to have heard the name. Do you use them?

Linuxguile and Edison Carter like this.
  10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

When I was using an injector, yes. Very nice blades. I am certain they are rebranded, but I don't remember the manufacturer.

11. Linuxguile

Ted Pella blades are unbranded Accutec/Personna blades. IMO they are the least sharp injector blade out there. They get the job done but if you prefer a sharper blade you aren't going to like them.

PLANofMAN and Edison Carter like this.
  12. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

This thread is right up my street. Good info and well received from a fellow Injector newb.

PLANofMAN, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The new Supply blades are up for pre-order. Made to Supply specs for grind, hone and coating. Spiffy new injection device. 8 for $6. I ordered some.

So far, Schick proline is the one to beat for me.

I could get along just fine with Chinese Schicks.

Linuxguile, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You also have the Japanese Schick blades and Japanese Schick II twin blades. Both I am pretty sure are made by Edgewell same as the Chinese Schicks. Same company different location, factories and blade specs is what differs.
    http://edgewell.com/brands/
    http://edgewell.com/locations/

Chinese Schick blades
    csb.jpg

Japanese Schick blades
    jsb2.jpg

Japanese Schick II twin blades
    jsb1.jpg

The twin blades may or may not work with certain injectors. Schick injectors only the I and up types as long as they aren't hydro magic models are recommended to use with these blades.

15. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I was about to add that but saw you had as I scrolled down...

Also you can find new old-stock injector blades for both the Twin and Singles on the Bay and other places from time to time...

16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Nice info!

brit and Linuxguile like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

18. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Blades listed in the "Industrial" section are meant to Shave with... I think they are more meant for carpet, scraping, general construction application, etc....

Edison Carter likes this.