am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gatto, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

who doesn't label soap containers when the original soap did not come with a container? I just melt them all into identical containers and if I can't figure out which one it is I smell it and if I still can't figure it out then I don't want to use it. :happy102

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I label mine. I usually don't have time to sniff the 20 or so different containers I have. Plus Ize readz betters thensz I smellz sumtems

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I like to be able to grab the one I want without having to smell all of them, so I have a nice labeling system in place in my medicine cabinet. Now I just need to draw outlines on where each razor belongs...

4. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

the containers are clear so I can usually figure it out by the color and if not I go to smelling it. Should probably put that in the OP

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Take a look at my den link, without those labels, there is no way I could identify anything without opening them. if your soaps all look different, then I can see why you wouldn't bother labeling.

6. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I haven't used soap in a few months - my creams are superior. I guess that means I need better soaps!

7. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Rodd

I saw a Super Speed fishing kit in your den inventory. Anything fishy I love. What is it ? Thanks.

8. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

haha I can definitely tell why you label. I should put up a picture of all my stuff

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have only seen a few of these, and each has been different, but this is mine:
    [​IMG]

Basically a superspeed that came in what Gillette called a "convenient tackle box" with a fishing lure. I think it is pretty cool.

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

+1 :D I likey fishy

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I don't have anything that didn't come with a label. Or at least a distinctive container like the Floris soap. If I had several wooden tubs of Floris, I would want to label them though.

It would be helpful if the 3Ts had the flavor printed on the SIDE of the tubs and not just the lid. I really should get a label maker. :)

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I don't label them either Jen. Then again I've been PIF'ing away most of the soaps I bought anyway so it's not much to keep track of at the moment.

10/4 to TOBS labelling the sides of the containers.

13. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I label all mine. I have enough trouble figuring out what to shave without guessing what is in the containers.

14. alaric

alaric New Member

Hmmmm... labels are good!

15. akady

akady New Member

I have one soap so no need to label.

16. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Old people like labels......................

17. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

People with OCPD like labels too.

Everything I have that's not in a distinctive container is labeled.

18. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I had gotten lazy in my labeling over the past year or so. Then, the other day, I found myself sitting there for 10 minutes trying to figure out which soap was which. :confused:

Out came the Sharpie....

Jordan

19. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Indeed! I like creams too, but love my soaps!

For the first year of straight shaving, I didn't care too much for the hard soaps and they sat unused. Then one day I picked one up and haven't looked back. I don't know what changed, but a good traditional triple milled shaving soap is hard to beat, IMHO...Give them another try.

Jordan

20. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Thanks, I will try again tomorrow morning (unless I forget or change my mind!)