An Idea For Durham Duplex Razors !!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jaro, Aug 26, 2021.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Okay folks I have an Idea !! ( I know , me having an idea could be dangerous ) !! Okay there is a blade called
    Jaguar Blades JT1 / JT3 / ORCA the blades say 62mm and the Durham blades measure about 60 mm but I think the jaguar are 62 including the ends that are like a DE blade that could be trimmed... The blades look like this... jaguar blades.jpg
    jag blad 3.jpg
    These blades were originally made by Dovo for their shavettes and are breakable but I believe if the tips were trimmed on the ends they would fit in the duplex and would probably be sharper than any other current blade for the Duplex razors....
    What are you peoples thoughts? Might work or CRAZY idea?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Edison Carter, Enrico and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Try it and report back to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaro likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy088: Sound like it has potential.

:eatdrink047:

jaro likes this.
  4. jaro

I'm gonna have to order some at some point but I have to try this other stuff first.. I was also mentioning it to see if anyone had tried it before because if its been tried and wont work then there is no need to waste money on something I or others cant use because I have no other razor those blades would work in......

5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

AC blade works fine, a little snip as shown, and a little plastic shim to raise the back of the blade a bit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Enrico and Edison Carter like this.
  6. jaro

I remember you saying that , but I saw those and thought they may also be a possibility..

jmudrick likes this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yup , hope they work

8. koenfucius

koenfucius Member

Could you show a picture of the shims you use? I have some Durhams which I have not been able to use. The AC blade seems promising. Thanks

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Any piece of thin plastic will do, I just used an old micro SIM. You just want to slightly change the blade angle to something less aggressive. [​IMG]

koenfucius likes this.
  10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

This. When blade options are very limited, it's always nice to find another one. If you try it, be sure to let us know how and if it worked out.

jmudrick likes this.
  11. jaro

If I'm able to get some I will be sure to post the results. I'm looking for a reliable supplier of them so if they are any good I can post the seller also...

IAmTheJody, jmudrick and koenfucius like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Besides the Personna pathology blades part number 72-0200

You can get a modern Durham Duplex style razor and blades that should fit the vintage Durham Duplex razors on the UK ebay.

Here is an example of both, I do not endorse the seller just using the listing since it is a buy it now to show what the items are.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173311142215?hash=item285a262947:g:iDAAAOSwy6la9EW7

koenfucius likes this.
  14. koenfucius

koenfucius Member

Thanks but I have tried those blades. I didn't like them at all. That's why I am interested in alternatives.
    I like AC-blades so that seems a good option

Dave in KY likes this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Same here.

koenfucius and Dave in KY like this.
  16. jaro

yeah I'm just interested in something that will work. I have tried the blades recommended and they were very tuggy for me. I haven't tried the AC blades in it but might, I saw the long shavette blades that I pictured and thought they might work. If I can find a blade I will try it. I'm talking with a few sellers and people I know at various places to see if we can come up with a blade to try and see if it fits....

IAmTheJody and koenfucius like this.
  17. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Very innovative. I always looked at this razor as something Paul Bunyan would've used. Its huge