An update on me

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Hank, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hank

Hank Active Member

I haven't been on here that much lately . so I thought I'd get on and let you know what's been going on

I started a new job in august
    I see my wife about 4 days a month because of it
    Our daughter is now 15 months old
    My mom is very very sick and close to death
    I live 15+ hours from her and I don't have the money or the vacation time to go see her
    I really am not enjoying shaving as of late
    I have about 20 DEs and use 4

Sorry if I rambled there's a lot on my mind right now

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad to see you back, Hank.
    Sorry to hear all is not well.
    I'm praying for ya!

SharpSpine likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Best of luck Hank.

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Wishing you all the best, Hank.

5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

All things are only for a season and God is always good and always right even if we don't understand. Praying for His peace upon you!

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

So sorry to see your mixed bag Hank. If you can find the way to get some time off from your new job, I will drop you $100.00 to help with travel expenses to see your Mom.

Nick A, rodd, Johnny and 4 others like this.
  7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Hank, so sorry to hear about your Mom and other problems. I will also be thinking good thoughts for you and yours.

Jeff, Dude, that is the kindest offer I think I have ever seen on any forum! You have a very kind heart and I am proud to know you.! Really! awesome!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Hang in there. You'll be getting plenty of prayers between those of us here that pray.

9. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Agreed.

There have been many times in my life where I relied on God to provide the ground I was stepping on next. If you find that you have time off to go see your Mom, let us know, we are a call away.

You and yours will be in my prayers.

stingraysrock likes this.
  10. stingraysrock

Nine Million Ditto's Yo

11. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Hank, no need to apologize, keep your head up; here's to things getting better!

:eatdrink047:

12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah Hank, keep your real life stuff rolling and come back when you can, we'll be here. If you need to just vent and such, we're here.

I sincerely hope everything works out for the best with you mom and that you can get home with your wife and baby more. There really isn't a better way to help with shouldering your burden or I'd try man. Keep your head up. :)

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Hank, be sure to take care and don't beat yourself up to much for the things you cannot do and cannot control.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

14. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Hank - thanks for sharing. You have friends here at TSD and we care about you and your situation. For now you are in our thoughts and prayers, if there is anything else we can do let us know.

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way Hank! Hoping for the best.

16. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Sorry to hear about your situation Hank as Jody said hoping for the best, I was in a similar situation 8 years ago, Take care and come back when you can

17. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Except for the new job, not enjoying shaving, and having 20 DE's, I was in your exact situation back in 1991. Rambling, opening up to friends and family helps. Be strong, you are in our thoughts.

18. Hank

Hank Active Member

Thank you all for your kind words Jeff even if I could get the time off I couldn't accept your money but thank you! I'm not going to blow smoke in any one's direction it sucks and I am having a very hard time with the whole situation

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I hope things turn for the better soon. Take care Hank, you are in my prayers.

20. stingraysrock

Hey Mang, you did not join a shaving forum; you joined a Family! Take comfort in knowing that.