Andrew's Shave shop - Inventory Update

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by Linuxguile, Oct 25, 2017.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'm curious about the B-20 Proline (that I just won a pack of) as compared to the Schick (Chick) blades that have a keyed dispenser.

I don't own a microscope so I was wearing three pair of reading glasses trying to compare the two. Is the bevel the same or is there a difference?

I know @Bird Lives has already tried them with great success and I think a few others have as well; maybe @Jayaruh and/or @EzraCobb if I remember correctly. Maybe @John Ruschmeyer too.

I just loaded a few into an empty dispenser and then popped one in a J handle Schick for tomorrow's shave.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have transferred Personna hair shaper bladed to an injector but I have not used the B-20 Proline. That is a new one to me. I will have to give it a try.

Linuxguile, PLAla and dustmite like this.
  3. John Beeman

I was very interested to read that Lloyd was saying the B-20 was his new go-to blade so I was wondering what it is that makes the difference.

Jim99 and PLAla like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Where do you get those B-20s?

PLAla likes this.
  5. John Beeman

Andrew’s

PLAla likes this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I would love to hear your feedback on those blades.

John Beeman likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah, JB...I'd love to hear a stroke by stroke account of your maiden voyage with your B-20s...
    I loved mine...
    I put one in my Schick C3, when I hadn't shaved in 2 1/2 days...I was in a hurry but wanted to try the new blades that had just arrived. I dropped one in the Repeater's magazine and racked it through the system into the head. I didn't have time so I just used some Barbasol instead of whipping up some special lather.

My first N-S cheek stroke swiped off the lather and left BBS in it's wake...And the razor felt like it didn't have a blade in it!! My reflexes had me actually glance at the razor head to see if the blade had somehow fallen out!

Nope it was there....then I looked at the clean path it had left through the thick shaving cream. I put my glasses on and leaned over and got a good look...
    This stroke wasn't about whisker reduction.....This was WHISKER ANNIHILATION !! That stroke left soft smooth whisker free skin! Not one white whisker sticking out, :happy102:

I went ahead and finished the first pass and could have stopped right there. And I had some pretty thick whisker action happening that day! But as usual I heard the baby calling...So I did a second ATG pass and a short Witch Hazel clean up pass and I was flat BBS! And my skin felt like a blade had never touched it!!

These Pro-line B-20's perform like the best NOS Vintage Schick Blades....I'm knocked out!
    Didn't need to shave the next morning either....ha,ha!! These guys are like I think I remember the old Personna 74s to be...Very Sharp and Very Smooth! I hope they keep making these...I'm already addicted...I can't wait to try them in my other injectors.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    RyX, Linuxguile, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  8. John Beeman

Very nice shave this morning with the ProLine B-20 in a J handle Schick.
    I wasn't able to give it a full test since I'm still recovering from yet another attempt to tame a razor ('36 Aristocrat) that I really need to leave in the drawer.
    However, even having to be extra careful while traversing damaged skin, I was able to get a very close and comfortable shave with minimal effort.
    I'm anxious to have a few more runs with these blades in a variety of my injectors.
    I really like the J's, the 500's, and the L's so I think I'm going to pop a B-20 in my SchickGrip as well.

RyX, Linuxguile and mrchick like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey guys...lets move this discourse on the B-20's over to the Injector and SE Party Thread...this is too much fun the stop...and I'm afraid we are totally hijacking Andrews Shop Thread...:lam:

I'll see everyone at the Party....We really do need to test these Pro-lines....Injector Shavers present and future will appreciate our hard work and efforts...

10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Supporting Vendor
    Hi Gents, I have one more cartridge of the Japanese Twin Injector blades avalible. I am pretty much selling them at cost + shipping. I also have a 30 blade magazine of the Schick Proline P-30 Artist Club blades available. PM me if you are interested.
    [​IMG]

Jorvaljr likes this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Any new updates?

12. brit

brit in a box

hi andrew , i will keep an eye on the shop inventory.. couple of
    items i am looking for,- blue and red tv ss cases.
    -#22 brit aristocrat case.
    -new packs of gillette super stainless blades..
    - vintage schick de blades. thank you, gary