Another amazing shave

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lightcs1776, Jan 7, 2019.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I am getting relatively good with a Kamisori razor. Hopefully I will get my straight razor sharpened up so I can get skilled with it. However, I had another amazing shave with the Kamisori shavette. It is absolutely a bbs shave, and I have found that it means I won't even need to shave tomorrow. I have gone from DE razors to open comb, and now to straight / shavette razors, realizing how much better they can be as I go through the progression.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

2. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Congratulations. :happy069:

Trigger and lightcs1776 like this.
  3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Life is an adventure. So is this hobby. Glad you are having a good time with your exploration!

brit, Trigger and lightcs1776 like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy093:

Trigger likes this.
  5. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

That kamisori shavett uses Feather SS blades?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy awesome!!

lightcs1776 and brit like this.
  7. lightcs1776

Yes, uses Feather blades.

Montalvani likes this.
  8. Montalvani

Ok
    I asked because I’v been using foldable SS feather shavet and with very good results Recently I bought some SR but I was using them without being properly honed. The SR blade (full hollow) I found it much more forgiving and safe to use than the Feather, but less sharp. But yesterday I had my SR (Dovo Bismark) properly honed and It comes
    Out sharper than the Professional Feather Blade and still at the same time
    Forgiving and safe.

DaltonGang and lightcs1776 like this.
  9. lightcs1776

I purchased the razor to have something to compare my straight razor to, since it didn't seem sharp enough. It is fixed, instead of folding. I think I would prefer a folding version. I need to work on honing it my SR so I can use it again. It's nice to hear you were able to get a SR to have a better edge than the Feathers.

Montalvani likes this.
  10. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

How many passes and in which directions to get BBS? I just shaved with a Kamisori for the first time last week and liked the results so far, but it was just one pass WTG. While not BBS, beard reduction was remarkable for a single WTG pass. I also started with Feather ProGuard blades to ease into it while developing skill.

11. lightcs1776

I do three passes on my neck, only two on my cheeks (I have a beard, so not much to shave). The first is WTG, second is ATG, the third is diagonal. I tried to do XTG, but it just doesn't work. Diagonal was something suggested by a straight razor user (searched for help) and works great. I only get nicked with diagonal, but it is improving and I don't always get nicked with it.

Frijolero and DesertTime like this.
  12. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Thanks. Good information, especially the diagonal tip.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  13. Montalvani

Can you explain that diagonal stroke please?
    I known two ways to performer a xtg in my neck, but only one is very efective, but unfortunately I can only do it with the Feather, with the SR it’s scares me the ideia of slicing my trout
    Thank you

Frijolero likes this.
  14. lightcs1776

I can't go east - west, so I go northeast - southwest. The razor never slides sideways, but is drawn from the outer edge of my jaw towards my Adam's apple. I take short strokes. I have to do the right side of my neck with my left hand, which is challenging and slow, but no blood so far.

Frijolero and Montalvani like this.