Another New One

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by RandM 1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

I had a nice beard until March and my self trim did not go well. I was back in the cartridge business until I started watching videos. Particularly one guy with a great back story in a town with great pizza where I was supposed to see the Dead this summer.

Embarrassingly, I got into wet shaving with a vengeance and would be uncomfortable sharing with you how many razors and related shaving thing I bought. It is cheaper than collecting watches, a habit I am withdrawing from.

I am bedridden with a high temperature, (2 negative COVID 19 tests), so I spent hours last night reading this forum and learned so much. I love the fact that there is diversity in the members. You can participate with a Dorco or Rex Ambassador and you opinion is still valued. That is why the G Shock Forum was always more fun than the Rolex in Watchuseek, a forum I still frequent.

Thank you for letting me crash your party. You have already helped me immensely. Stay well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! It's a great place, and I'm glad you're here with us.

I hope you feel better soon, my friend.

RandM 1 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

RandM 1 likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

RandM 1 likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    RandM 1 likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome. We like all types.
    hightheir2.gif
    zwelcome1a.jpg

RandM 1 likes this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

RandM 1 likes this.
  8. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

Nice to meet you as well.

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shave Den

RandM 1 likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Being a watch hobbyist, I'm sure you are familiar with the joke that ends with the punchline, "sir, this [Rolex] is a chronograph, you are looking for a Timex."

Most of us have the mindset that accepts that a shave from a $20 razor can equal a $500 razor. Ditto brushes. Ditto soap. We (or at least me) would rather see an interesting razor than an expensive one.

Enrico, RandM 1 and Droo78 like this.
  11. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Washington State

RandM 1 likes this.
  12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

RandM 1 likes this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

RandM 1 likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @RandM 1 from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD. I'll tell you a secret ..... the day I use a razor that cost over $75 is the day someone very generously loaned me theirs. I'm the sound that a little bird makes "CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP".

BTW Avon is great aftershave!

:eatdrink047:

15. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

Even though I am an older father and have a sophomore in HS, I put one kid through NYU and unfortunately died once. Since I died, I don’t keep what I won’t use and don’t wait too long for something I want. I know that makes me sound like a tool but you don’t know when the plug is going to get pulled on you. I respect frugality. Nothing is more fun than doing what someone else is doing for less.

PLANofMAN and Enrico like this.
  16. RandM 1

RandM 1 New Member

In Timbergrove next to the Heights, how about you?

DaltonGang likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've lived with little and much in the states and in Africa. The blade doesn't know whether it's in a dollar razor or high end razor the main difference is if the one holding it knows how to use it. My preference is bakelite razors ..... I enjoy using a razor that probably cost (originally next to nothing and it still shave great!

:eatdrink047:

18. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

Hoping for your fast recovery.. and Welcome to the forum!

19. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome. Get well soon.

20. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Glad you found us, welcome to TSD!