Another question for cheeseheads (not Wisconsinites)

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Jun 4, 2012.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I recently saw a recommendation for snacking with Double Gloucester as well as Stilton.

I like blue cheese dressing and I believe Stilton is a blue, so I can't quite see snacking on it alone, esp. if it's really strong and smoky.

D.G. at the store (didn't buy) looked interesting...package said it was very buttery and more mellow than cheddar, but I don't know if that's a good thing or just meh...if I want a really mild cheese I could just eat American.

Recommendations, please? Are they good cheeses to snack on alone? Plus they're both a bit pricey around here. Worth it?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My wife and I have been know to get a chunk of Gouda to snack on.
    As for those you mention, I have no idea. Sorry.

3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

ok

St. augestine a french Blue on cracker is great you only need a small peice if its just for you its quite strong but well rouned.

ask your cheese person for there 20 or 25 year cheddars they usually dont keep them out with the regular cheeses.

Guinness cheddar is quite nice if your a fan of stout.

red wine cheddars are usually to die for, as well as smoked cheaddars maple is my fav.

And old smoked gouda I could sit down to as a meal.

there are certain elemental cheeses that are awesome as well my rule is the higher the MF% the better if your looking for sharp tastes.

Thin sliced old Asiago *drool*

as for your Stiltion question IMHO stiltion is a good middle of the road starter blue if you haven't tried it on its own I say dive in my friend.