Antique store finds....

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Stu929, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

@Enrico

I thought you meant the one in the back left on this pic. Im def interested in the one in the other pic you replied too. Crazy thing is while some razors are ok prices everyone seems to want a lot for vintage brushes regardless of condition.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrchick likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If you like lager brushes the wooden one would clean up nice, jut check for rot and cracks. Don't bother with the blue one to its right. It's a Opal and are made of thin plastic ~1/32 thick; it can be done, but not worth it.
    I agree many places are crazy with their prices on brushes. Why I don't know. Sometimes if you buying multiple items you can chew them down a little. Bundling

3. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Agree. Only issue is with all the vendors they dont do discounts across vendors, it usually comes down to what each vendor will allow. I really do like the green and white one you quoted above.

Ill see if they will come down any. It seems like 8-12 is standard for brushes regardless of condition.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I was just advised that @Stu929 's honey hole has been raided. Apparently someone has been reading this thread, located the store, and bought up nearly every razor pictured, in one swoop.
    What a shame. There were some fine razors, and razor related items to be had, at a fair price. "Loose Lips Sink Ships", so the saying goes.
    In the future, when finds like these are found, don't give the locations, or approx locations of them. Erase your location, in your Profile Page, if you have stuff like that to put out, for all to see.
    I do appreciate the one razor he bought for me. Thanks @Stu929 .

Jorvaljr likes this.
  5. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Did the razor blade vending machine get scooped up too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Didn't make it that far, I thimk its awesome but didn't plan to pick it up and it was out of the way. All the straights I had planned to get were gone, as well as a few other things I had just snapped pics of. Kid running the shop said someone came in a grabbed a ton of shave stuff this morning.

7. George X

George X Well-Known Member

is right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharptoothC and Stu929 like this.
  8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you it wasn't me. I'm in Houston.

SharptoothC and Stu929 like this.
  9. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Hey! You aren't far from me at all...Cumberland here. Looks like I'm gonna have to head down that way soon and test my willpower!! ;) I promise I won't buy it all up....my wife would kill me! If nothing else, it's a good excuse to eat at Sitar of India...

10. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

As promised here is the picture. 20170624_155324~2.jpg

Sent from my phone using some app

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I see a lot of those - apparently, during the Trac-II (I think) period, everyone was making handles for the heads. I _want_ one of those brush handles, but I'm cheap :)

12. spot705

spot705 Active Member

I try to hit the shops in the area plus all the flea markets and antique shows I can get to.
    There seem to be 3 common (frustrating) answers when I ask the vendor about vintage razors/ brushes.

#1: Who would want that?
    #2: Someone just bought it all yesterday.
    #3: Yes! I have lots of those! ... but I don't have any with me.

mrchick likes this.
  13. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Don't forget... "You want to actually use it? I thought it was for decoration!"

mrchick likes this.
  14. spot705

spot705 Active Member

Also:
    "Do you have any safety razors?"
    "You looking for a straight razor?"
    "No, no ... a safety razor. With the doors on top. You turn the handle and it opens." (I make opening motion with my hands)
    "You mean like these razors here." (points to straights)
    "No ... you open the top and put a blade in and close it."
    "These open up." (opens a straight)

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, that was a fantastic store.

16. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

IMG_20170603_105415303~2.jpg IMG_20170603_105415303~3.jpg

All of these are on display at Rocky Mountain Knife Works

Attached Files:

DaltonGang and SharptoothC like this.