Any Arko shaving cream lovers.??

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by The Shaving Zone, May 27, 2018.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Don't know for sure but suspect it might be. Anyway, I'm still trying to find the Ice Mint but can't in the USA so far. Maybe Europe?? Who knows??

BigD and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have a tube of Ice Mint. It's a great cream. It has a decent amount of menthol, but it's not a face freezer. The scent is nice too. To me, it has a very modern scent and kind of reminds me of D'alan D'Men Shaving Cream. I've had it for several years and along the way, the cap broke, so I put some tin foil on the opening to replace the cap. Even after several years it still hasn't gone bad, even though it wasn't properly sealed.

I also have a tube of Gibbs Sensitive shaving cream that was made in Turkey, but has long been defunct. I am almost 100% certain it was made by Arko. I got it from a Secret Santa back in 2012. I used it a couple of times, but completely forgot about it until now. It gave me decent shaves whenever I used it.

Frijolero and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There’s my boy!

If my memory serves me right I sent you the Arko Ice Mint cream. I still have a nearly full tube of it here in the house. Corinne at first was neutral about the scent but now she says it’s nice. Indeed, the menthol effect is not overwhelming but it’s definitely cooling enough - in fact I think I would rate it around 6.5/10 which makes it the coldest Turkish cream. It’s also much more skin friendly than the Arko Moist which to me smells lousy and gives almost no cooling even though it’s supposedly mentholated and leaves my skin feeling dried. The Gibbs cream was originally made in France, then the production moved to Portugal, and finally to Evyap International in Istanbul, Turkey. Me too I have a feeling it no longer is available.

bayercy and Frijolero like this.
  4. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Could someone please describe the scents on these different Arko models? I'd like to try Arko because of the price, but not sure which one.

brit likes this.
  5. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I am not good at describing scents. I smelled them for you. All of them is nearly same. Manly , old fashioned scents.
    I like Fresh the most because of its menthol effect. Moist and Hydrate are same version. The white tubs are no longer produced. The regular is one of the best. It is cream type of the Arko Soap,IMHO.
    [​IMG]

KUSTOM and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

not available here ..so far..

7. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

I've used the tub of Arko before, but not the tube. I like it, but usually just use one of the canned shaving foams.

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I love the Arko shave sticks best!

But I think their creams are HIGHLY underated.

The Ice Mint is my favorite...veddy nice menthol..

The Cool is not menthol but more of a take on Cool Water.

The Comfort I like alot...hss a strong citrus, orangy thing going on....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KUSTOM, bayercy and brit like this.