Any cat lovers?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Hogie, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This is my boy, Theodore. He is a Persian if yer simple and a seal lynx point Himalayan if you want the details. He will be 4 years old on the 28th of June. He has such a neat personality. I have always had Persian cats and Theo is my 3rd Himalayan. He gets combed every morning and more if needed. He LOVES the attention. He is a very good companion and will follow me around the house like a puppy and he will even play fetch.

He never goes outdoors. Far too many critters that would kill him and have him for dinner. Plus, his coat would be a nightmare! He is of show quality and his dad is a Grand Champion. I hope he is with me a LONG time. My last one lived to almost 16.

These cats are really loyal if you take the time and pay the attention to them. VERY lovable too.

I have posted pics of him in the shave school thread but, he really belongs here. Theo will never be shaved!

DSCN7353a.JPG DSCN7198.JPG

Enrico, ewk, DaltonGang and 5 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Not a cat lover. But, the neighbors bring home a kitten, every couple of years, and toss them outside, to fend for themselves, after that. They always disappear. Coyotes and hawks get them. This time I started to feed the latest one, twice a day. . So, it hangs around me, my yard, and house, where it is better protected. They gripe, telling my wife I stole their cat. When I come home from work, it jumps out of their kids lap, and follows me all around. I just laugh and tell them I don't know why it does that. I'm really a dog person though.

Enrico and Hogie like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I like cats, as long as they are someone else's.
    We've tried a couple of times. Nope. I don't like having a cat pawing around in their poop box, then jumping up on the kitchen counter or dining room table.
    But that's me.

Enrico likes this.
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It's all about training. Theo is never on my counters or table. That rule was set right away and he respects that. You can work with a cat just like you can with a dog. Theo also loves to be combed and bathed. He started training with the breeder who started the grooming and bathing right away. I have continued. Some cats are smarter than other. Don't smack a cat and expect them to listen to you tho....Theo has never been struck or slapped. You work with them. You don't break their spirit.

Enrico likes this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

No countertops or tables for our cats either.
    We train them and they know the rules.
    The only issue we have is because they’re on a schedule we hear about it if we’re not on time.
    On the positive side, I don’t really need an alarm clock to know it’s time to get up and make breakfast.

Enrico and Hogie like this.
  6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Theo's clock is pretty accurate.

Enrico likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Mine is a 17 year old female domestics short hair orange tabby. We've had her for 13 and a half years and came from a stressful house, so had to have some recovery time, but now is a very happy baby that only ventures out the door 8-10 feet to feel the grass and rub on the wild mint.

I post a few pics later.

:)

Hogie likes this.
  8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

To me, Theodore is gorgeous!

DSCN7357.JPG

MoAllen, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

If I don't make the bed, by early evening he is laying right where I lay waiting for me to come upstairs. He loves his daddy! He got used to me being upstairs early during the winter when it got dark at 4PM. Creature of habit. I am up very early in the mornings so, he hates if I decide to lounge in bed. He is talking my ear off and all over me when he knows I am up

DSCN7363.JPG

MoAllen likes this.
  10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have a little chipmonk that I feed out back that drives Theo nuts. I think the chipmonk likes to taunt him. LOL

DSCN7374.JPG

MoAllen likes this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have 2, a gray mongrel and a manx/siamese mix. Great, loveable animals that I enjoy and I think they like me. At least they haven't tried to eat me or anything like that. Also have a yorkie. They ignore each other.

brit, Enrico and Hogie like this.
  12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

"....More?...."
    DSCN7406.JPG

MoAllen likes this.
  13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

He really is good company.

DSCN7387.JPG

MoAllen, Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I used to like cats, but then my last cat happened. Casserole changed my opinion over a very long and painful decade....

Now I just have cat sized dogs. :)

Hogie likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

For me, and my family, cats belong outside, along with dogs. Allergies, and pet smells aren't welcome in the house.

16. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

We had a cat who knew exactly how long the neighbor's dog's chain was. She would calmly sit just out of range of the dog's teeth while he went crazy trying to get at her.

Hogie and Enrico like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's the thing-they must like ME or I can't concentrate on liking THEM.

18. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

My aunt used to say the same about us kids when dad would take us there....brought back some memories for me...

"You kids play outdoors and stay off my new grass!" "If you are in my house you will sit on the floor and be quiet. I won't have your dirty clothes on my furniture!"

Kids and pets...ya gotta love 'em! Or don't have them at all...

DaltonGang likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

Oh, the wife and daughters allergies are so bad, their eyes swell almost shut. Me, animals don't bother my allergies. I grew up with dogs inside. After being in a house, pet free for 25 years, I wouldn't go back, because of the smell. When you live with animals, you get use to the smell, and can't smell it. But, others can. Every friends house I go to,with dogs, the smell is very powerful, no matter how clean the house.
    Now, a house with one cat, and a neat freak for an owner, can have no smell. But, the poop paws on everything would always keep the cat outside.

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

upload_2022-6-13_17-50-26.png

Enrico and PanChango like this.