Any chileheads here?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by herzi, Jul 26, 2007.

1. herzi

herzi Active Member

Please have a look here:
    http://www.pepperworldhotshop.de/viashop/storefront/start.asp?

I'm interested in new hot sauces and this shop has a lot. As most of them are American I wanted to ask you if you have an advice for me. With hotness, or pepperiness, I tend to scale 6 to 8.
    One of my favorites is the one on the picture. Nice tasting and hooottt :drool

I know it's not easy because it's all in german. On the left please klick on hot sauce (the 6th green link from above) and then in the middle on "Produkte dieser Kategorie".

Thank you. ::

Attached Files:

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hehehe. Hot sauce. Love the stuff. Check this out...(now, this isn't me. Just a guy with the same name. I haven't had a chance to try this stuff out yet, but I hear it's smokin'.

Also check out this stuff called "Liquid Stoopid." "So hot, it will stupify you!," or so they say.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Yep !
    Love the heat.
    Altho.....the older I get, the more I enjoy some flavor with the heat.
    Usta be I just wanted the pain. :D

[vbpg]336[/vbpg]

This is what I reach for most of the time nowadays.
    I do still have a bottle of Daves Insanity sauce I use for Chilis and soups and stuff.

4. herzi

herzi Active Member

This one?

Attached Files:

5. rick

Nope.
    This one.

[vbpg]337[/vbpg]

6. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I love hot stuff. Lately, I've tended to use the actual chilis to spice my food up though. Some hot sauce has so much extra stuff in it...like sugars and other unwanted ingredients.

For a great taste and medium heat, I use jalepenos with the seeds and membrane in tact. I just LOVE the taste of jalepenos. For the uber hot, I use Habeneros! To get a great smoky flavor, I add some ancheaux peppers. They are a dried poblano pepper that impart a lot of taste and no heat. Interestingly enough...I work at a restaurant named Ancheaux's!

I think this recent fascination has come from working at a restaurant where we prepare everything fresh, and watching too much of Alton Brown's Good Eats.

Now Dave's Insanity sauce...well that just insanity! That stuff is ALL heat an NO flavor. I dont think I've ever actually used it, except to swig a cap full on a dare.:angry021
    Talk about a burn worse than Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum as an afteshave!

7. rick

Damn, Bro !
    I cant believe you lived to tell the tale :eek:
    That stuff is liquid fire.....In and OUt !

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Ah, nothing like the pain/pleasure of a good wicked hot sauce. I tend to stay about the 6-8 scale myself as most of the hotter sauces tend to be all heat and no flavor. I do however keep a few around just for fun. When someone comes over and tells me how much they like spicy food and can eat anything, I let them have a little sample of Da Bomb :)

We have a great sauce shop here in Austin down on 6th street. Definately check it out if you're ever in town. www.tearsofjoysauces.com

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I love heat but it has to have flavor. I'm not into heat just for heat sake. I have a bottle or two of pure heat that I'll add one or two drops to perk something up but everything else is just a flavor enhancing. unfortunately, my wife and daughter are both heat wimps although my wife will eat Kung Pao Chicken. Give me a nice spicy/hot curry and I'm happy. Check this place out.

Mo Hotta Mo Betta

10. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Hilarious DA BOMB......... :rofl:rofl:rofl the nuclear radation sign...cool stuff !
    great thread....

11. SSLSTudio...

Sambal Asli

my favorite hot Sauce Sambal Asli great HEAT and still nice flava this is not for beginners !

im at work dont wanna edit pics yet so for the time being here is a link to the sauce

http://importfood.com/sakm1401.html

I will use it pleny on shoarma rolls ! :drool:drool:drool:drool
    thats it this got me drooling have to order some frozen box of rolls now.

Attached Files:

• asli.jpg
      asli.jpg
      File size:
      114.1 KB
      Views:
  12. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Last time I visited Tears of Joy I was very close to pulling the trigger on a bottle of The Source. I figured my wife would beat me down given the price, but someday I'll snag one.

Check out some commentary from those that have played with this stuff http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

:shocked029

13. Xert

Xert New Member

For anyone who's after flavour and not just heat, make sure you pick up some Blasting Sauce if you ever see it around (and if it's around, it's pretty hard not to see it). Super mild in the heat department, but the flavour is superb.

[​IMG]

The rest of the time it's a variety of Dave's, Dumbass, 100% Pain, and the like -- with some fresh chilies thrown in to boot!

14. SSLSTudio...

hilarious ! the comments made my day ! Must have it but the price certainly is a SHOCKER ! :eek:

15. SSLSTudio...

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Here's the US/English version. Same seller, same item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-SOURCE-HOT-...ryZ14313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

17. Xert

Xert New Member

18. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

19. SSLSTudio...

Hilarious Dude !!!!

It seems there is a whole CLAN or Circle of HOT Sauce followers out there didnt know there are even COLLECTORS out there..wow this seems like how fast can I kill myself or get a divorce going taste bud challenges WOW
    Like underground freakyness.

Serious sickos to ask $300 for a bottle of Hot stuff.

20. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I love hot stuff.....I agree that so hot it has no flavor is wrong....just plain wrong!! I can handle pretty hot, that is until the next day. Thats when it hurts me. Still looking for that striped chile pepper that Homer simpson ate after he dipped his tongue in candle wax.