Anyone else bearded?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gorgo2, Oct 3, 2020.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm on 2+ months with a beard, keeping it lightly trimmed, lubed, and brushed so the bulk stays full w/o looking scraggly. Only annoyance is having to wear the stupid mask at work all day; sweat collects like mad. Other than that, all neck itching stopped over a month ago so now I barely notice I have a face pelt.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Started mine again just shy of two weeks ago. I usually keep one through the winter for the past three years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, gorgo2 and brit like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

3 months in. I had a full beard going for the first couple of months, now just a full mustache/goatee. I'm getting tired of it, but the wife is enjoying the thing. Even co-workers and friends like it. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't seem to enjoy it. What a pain in the ass to trim around, with a straight razor.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

5. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I've had a beard and mustache since 1968.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

There are high school kids that can grow a better beard than I can....

Ijustmissedthe50s and gorgo2 like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yeah but they're all 27.

richgem likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Grew up watching those movies and that always occurred to me. How come the Monster never needed to shave? He didn't get caught in blazing laboratories often enough to keep it burned off...ah sweet mysteries of life.

richgem and Herm2502 like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Mustache since 1975 and goatee (Van Dyke) the past couple of years.

Ijustmissedthe50s, gorgo2 and brit like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Facial hair of some sort for the better part of the last 30 years. For the last 25 or so it's been a mustache with goatee. But previous to that full beard but kept short.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

14280947408_7496bab451_n.jpg

12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Yup. Ive had a stubble beard since 2005 and a few years ago I started growing it out. I now do a kind of, "scruffy goat" where I let the mustache and goatee grow and have a stubble beard on the sides that I trim to 4mm every other week.
    I started doing that about a year ago when the sides weren't as thick as I would like. My mustache and goatee are pretty epic and keeping the sides shorter allows me to hide the patches somewhat but still have a full beard.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.