Anyone recognize the logo?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shotwell, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Bought a travel razor off eBay the other day, and the only imprinting or stamping on it is this logo. At least I assume it is a logo.

Can anyone identify this? I am not familiar with it but would love to know what it is.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426134925.005918.jpg

2. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

3. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I found one on another forum from a year ago. No one there had seen it before either. That is definitely a triton in the triangle. I googled Triton razors but came up with nada.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :rofl:

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

That looks like the logo for SPECTRE's greek shipping company in For Your Eyes Only.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Have you tried a google image search?

7. Paulthebaker

Paulthebaker Active Member

Looks Masonic, watch out for the black helicopters.

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It wasn't too uncommon for the masonic society to have razors special ordered with symbols/engravings on blade/case.
    You can find them rather frequently on eBay, etc.

My GUESS is that this is a Free-Mason symbol.
    It contains three elements often seen;
    - the triangle,
    - the leaf on top, and
    - the scale.

[​IMG]

Once again, just a guess though :)

Shotwell likes this.
  9. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Hmm, possibly... Though the image seems to be 3-pronged, where scales would look more 2 pronged... Unless the center is the post.

As an aside, I did find another photo of the razor or one just like it via a Google search. It came in a metal screw-top canister. The eBay photo here is either the same razor I bought, or one very very close to it. When I tried to link to the page this picture was from, I got a page not found error... So no way to tell for sure. Could be the exact same razor, or the same model but a different razor.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426178504.801804.jpg

10. Mr. Shaverman

I don't think that's a masonic symbol. It could be, but usually when you see a masonic symbol it's not vague at all. it's deep imprint and you can tell it's masonic right off the bat. This looks more like a maker's mark to me, which doesn't make sense.

Shotwell and markjnewcomb like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

When you find the matching brush, then the symbols start glowing and all of your wildest dreams will come true. It was originally designed by Thomas Jefferson and sealed away until the early 20th century when mankind became enlightened enough to deal with the majesty.

Great score. Nice knowing you...

12. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

After asking a Mason, his initial reaction was that this was probably a Scottish Rite Masonry symbol. I sent him a copy of the picture & he will update me in a day or two.

13. markjnewcomb

Well, that was a LOT quicker than I thought. I just got a call back. He said that it probably is NOT a masonic symbol. However, he did point out to me that one side of the logo is embedded deeper into the metal than the other side. This indicates to him (a jeweler) that this was hand stamped. He is going to do a quick reference look-up and let me know if he finds anything.

Chuck F and Darkbulb like this.
  14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Of course he would say that. Right now he is calling the higher ups to come and retrieve the artifact. @Shotwell, be on the lookout for men wearing aprons...;)

trey06dmd likes this.
  15. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

You better PIF it to a mason. I wouldn't want that thing. :rolleyes005:

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Great. Now "they" are going to be watching us.

17. markjnewcomb

SHHHHH!!!! They will hear you!

gorgo2 likes this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

They have always...been watching.....

gorgo2 likes this.
  19. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

If it's Illuminati you better watch out if Beyonce` and Jay Z show up at your door.

dscaver and gorgo2 like this.
  20. Mr. Shaverman

Way to go @markjnewcomb . By exposing Shotwell you've exposed us all!

dscaver and gorgo2 like this.