Anyone tried this seller?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Omelmad, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

[​IMG]

Seller namn shopno.7. I wanted to get a cheap boar brush for my little brother =)

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Don't waste your money.

Omelmad likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

why get him a cheap one?
    inexpensive, ok
    but if you want him to enjoy his experience, why not get him a nice one?

LookingGlass and Omelmad like this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Why not get him a #6 horse(?) hair from bestshave for about $5 shipped? They are inexpensive and mine has worked very well for me the last 3 years are so. I shave daily and it's the only brush I use. :)

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I agree with David. A top-shelf boar brush is relatively inexpensive, especially compared to badgers. Connaught Shaving and other vendors have good varieties & prices. Even Amazon has a number of them.

6. Omelmad

That's true. Why waste on something that's gonna fall apart =P

You are correct. I meant inexpensive, but the one in the picture IS cheap... =P

Last time I checked they were out of stock. I wanted to start him of with a Turkish no.6. But I don't know =)

I have one, but I want to keep it for myself haha, plus it was a gift =)

I really like that vendor. I have used them twice. But the shipping is a big high for just buying 1 brush. And I don't want to add to the cart just to justify the shipping hahaha

7. KLF

KLF Doctorin

You can get a good Omega for a little more than 10$ and the knot quality is much better.

8. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

As KLF said keep your money for an Omega
    I bought a Chinese Boar for test,see my topic about that brush
    Lot of shedding,if it's for a gift don't buy such cheap brushes.

9. Omelmad

Thank you =) I won't buy it. An omega is not expensive and probably much better

KLF and Doryferon like this.
  10. numerouno

numerouno Member

looks like a crap brush. even the bestshave's turkish brush is better than this !

Doryferon, LookingGlass and Omelmad like this.
  11. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Wow, Eddie! You only use one brush! I kind of admire that and I could never have the restraint, now, that I have tried so many brushes. :D

To the OP, I wouldn't waste your money on that brush. Get yourself an Omega or Semogue boar.

12. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I use 2 brushes, one Omega 48, one Omega 1305, alternate between them daily.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

:signs011:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

The Turkish #1 is also a darn fine brush, though it is humongous. But it is now one of my favorites, especially for the price. If they are out of stock of the #6, this might be a good choice. (Hope he has a large face. Did I mention this is a huge brush? ;))

[​IMG]

Doryferon, Spit_Fire and Omelmad like this.
  15. Omelmad

Haha yes you did.

Thank you, I haven't thought about the no.1.

It really looks huge. But I have a no buy period now. 6 months!

16. Spit_Fire

Spit_Fire Well-Known Member

In the comments for the no 1 someone mentioned using it to dust clipped hair off people's necks ;)

I saw that a while back and almost bought one, now that I can see the scale I can see it's really massive.

Omelmad likes this.
  17. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I would just go with one of the inexpensive Omega's. They're about $10 and you know you'll get a quality brush

Omelmad likes this.
  18. Gummy1

Gummy1 New Member

Don't buy cheap. It's foolish to do so. Get an omega brush and they are good quality with a great reputation.

Omelmad likes this.
  19. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, for $2.49/free shipping, what do you have to loose. You never know it may turn out to be a decent brush. Just don't be outraged and looking for justice if it sheds like crazy or falls apart. Just chalk it up to experience

On the other, other hand if its a gift for someone, get one of the Omega's. You don't want to turn someone off by giving them an inferior item. I thought it was for yourself............

20. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Maybe one day i will buy a Jaguar (the Long) turkish Boar and toss it in a different handle
    A lower loft maybe look and work better,from the factory the loft is 7mm.

Omelmad likes this.